12 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Bit more mock up, was seeing if wings will interfere with top suspension mounts, thankfully plenty of room

20220824_140937.thumb.jpg.48f57a3e5a78101d9c58ec691a2ddea4.jpg

space under the wings well filled now....

regards Stephenย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Bit disappointed the wings are not getting remade in Ali ......๐Ÿ˜

Just now, L19MUD said:

Bit disappointed the wings are not getting remade in Ali ......๐Ÿ˜

I thought you wanted to see this finished.............lol

If you remember back in my vent panel bulkhead build thread I did mention I might make some new wings due to having to.make a folder to form vent panel

Quite happy to let you come up and make some for me .....lol

Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Donโ€™t forget the misalignment spacers!

Also for your clearance checks, donโ€™t forget that if you drop the opposite side the wheel will come up further.ย 

Noted, that was my point with the trial shock mount, not enough gap for misalignment, the joys eh

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L19MUD said:

For some odd reason I though some of the bodywork of a lightweight was steel including the wings

No, vent panel, bulkhead and front panel are the steel bodywork items, gonna have to make the front panel aluminium now for the hat trick

Regards Stephen

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RedLineMike said:

it would make things easier for checking your clearances / cycling the suspension, you wouldnt need to put them in the press to compress them,
ย 

ok I wondered about that, but then they would need recharging with nitrogen I guess and that I don't have regards stephen

47 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Shouldn't cost much to have them regassed. Only thing is that I'm not sure they're supposed to be left without pressureย  forย  a long period.

Pretty sure I can manage without degassing them only needed closed length to make brackets regards Stephen

13 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

My mock up stuff Iโ€™ve done with a set of threaded rod and rod ends. Made one up to the open and one to the closed length.ย 

That's a very good idea Ross, I may have to steal that idea from you......

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Steal away! I just used some cheap m12 rod ends and some โ€˜acquiredโ€™ threaded rod.ย 

I do believe I have everything I need in the garage, unfortunately work is in the way for a few days...

Regards Stephen

9 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Steel thickness?

6mm, there could be some additional bracing in the form of a curved shroud around the pin holes and back to the bottom for welding if additional strength needed, similar to what I made for trailing arm brackets for rear axle regards Stephen

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, muddy said:

Looks good, check the tyre doesn't rub the resovoir area when the other side is full droop and full left lock.

Thanks

Still got all droop etc to check, that's why nothing is fully welded yet just in case stuff has to be reconfigured, nowt worse than cutting off after fully welding. The reservoir is just cable tied there for out of the way convenience although it will probably stay there but held with a purpose made clamp regards Stephen

• Like 2