"Boom times for companies that completely ruin Land Rover Defenders"

FridgeFreezer

It does appear the 'S' in twisted is actually a dollar sign. But good luck to them, if they can sell at these prices, why not.

I read somewhere that they bought 200 new defenders, just before the production ended, so they are the only ones that have brand new stock (if they haven't sold them all yet).

Daan

Well, the composer of that article isn't bitter at all.

No one will complain at the over inflated price that their (and I'm generalising here) complete basket case/rot box of a defender will fetch if and when they sell it and this is mainly due to those companies' indirect effect on the market. 

Being one of those sad people who actually likes keeping things clean and shiney I like what twisted/arkonik  do so can't see why you can't keep a defender nice and clean especially with the time and effort involved getting it that way. If people have the cash to pay these exorbitant amounts then so be it, not everyone has the option to do everything DIY so offering a tailored defender rebuilding service is a great idea. Garage labour isn't cheap even a chassis swap is going to cost between £2-3k for labour alone. Some of Khans efforts are questionable, but there are some mods quite suited to the shape. If an owner chose to spend £3k on a set of locking diffs or £3k on a leather retrim then who is to say which is the better modification? Their car, their cash: their choice.

This type of debate arises in lots of vehicular forums, keep it standard...mod it...race it...rat-look...who cares as long as it keeps the passion and enthusiasm for whatever marque involved alive? There are plenty out there who would chose to stifle any type of modification and make the car-world a distinctly more boring place...each to their own. 

:)

I agree if people can make a business making a product that people are buying then great, they're sustaining themselves, paying a bit of tax, maybe employing a few people so why not!

What annoys me is when the parts your paying good money for are shoddy. My amarok came fitted with sill protectors that were bolted to the chassis in 3 places, ok they're not full blown rock sliders but they would protect the sill if you had an accident offroad. I bought some steps instead as the kids couldn't get in and they were fitted with 2 L shaped brackets by putting some t bars made from 6mm rod through the drainage holes in the body. As soon as you stand on them they're obviously going to bend the bodywork and come loose. I ended up cannibalising the VW chassis brackets which is annoying when it's supposed to be a bolt on product.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 8:19 AM, Scotts90 said:

Well, the composer of that article isn't bitter at all.

No one will complain at the over inflated price that their (and I'm generalising here) complete basket case/rot box of a defender will fetch if and when they sell it and this is mainly due to those companies' indirect effect on the market. 

Being one of those sad people who actually likes keeping things clean and shiney I like what twisted/arkonik  do so can't see why you can't keep a defender nice and clean especially with the time and effort involved getting it that way. If people have the cash to pay these exorbitant amounts then so be it, not everyone has the option to do everything DIY so offering a tailored defender rebuilding service is a great idea. Garage labour isn't cheap even a chassis swap is going to cost between £2-3k for labour alone. Some of Khans efforts are questionable, but there are some mods quite suited to the shape. If an owner chose to spend £3k on a set of locking diffs or £3k on a leather retrim then who is to say which is the better modification? Their car, their cash: their choice.

This type of debate arises in lots of vehicular forums, keep it standard...mod it...race it...rat-look...who cares as long as it keeps the passion and enthusiasm for whatever marque involved alive? There are plenty out there who would chose to stifle any type of modification and make the car-world a distinctly more boring place...each to their own. 

Personally I think £160,000 (for a used 110) is a ridiculous amount of money. Regardless of what has been done to it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neil110 said:

Personally I think £160,000 (for a used 110) is a ridiculous amount of money. Regardless of what has been done to it

That's Land Rover themselves asking that for their "works V8", considering the price of the autobiography and adventurer run-out models (£65k+ iirc), for a full on factory fit v8, warranted...homologated (I'd imagine) and rare (199 being built) then good luck to those that can afford them.