URGENT !!!! Doncaster area Ninety roof collection

Arjan

Good Morning,

I was supposed to collect a Ninety Roof tomorrow afternoon / -evening in the Doncaster area ( Elsecar, S748AA Barnsley ) but as you may understand, this whole virus sh.t is causing problems as it seems borders are closed left right & centre and I do not want to spent 14 days on a P&O Ferry in the Channel....

I'm trying to contact the seller of the roof if he could be so kind to hold on for it until the travel situation is clear - but that can be 4-6 weeks.

It there anybody who could collect and store that roof for me until the virus has left ?

Many thanks !!

Thanks - I'll measure the one here when I can (Ninety lives with a friend at the moment) and let you know.

I have a feeling it will be a long time before things go back to a sort of normal....

• 5 months later...

Can he wait till the end of Sept? Then I could pick up, as it's about 1 hour away and hold it at a mate's near here (west of Sheffield not far from M1). I can't go sooner as trying to get away on a trip.

Edited by Peaklander

Good Morning !

Sorry for the delay but just back from 4 days on the road.

@Peaklander

Thank you Very Much ! I'll ask the seller if he can live with that. Hope so as I hope eventually this year I will be able to travel to the UK without Quarantine... I'll get back to you.

Many thanks to everybody thinking about this !!

That UK Raid sees me going from Dover, via Somerset, Sheffield and Edinbrugh to Aberdeenshire - and back to Dover...

Think I'll need 3 days in all...

• Like 1

Yes I certainly could do with a trip down to SIV and a chat about old times.

Arjan already has a route planned for his 'raid' and I believe that as the roof will be close-ish to the M1, that will fit in. Otherwise, yes I could put it on my roof rack.

Edit: he beat me to it!

Edited by Peaklander
  • Like 1

Hey it's not the worst diversion. I had to do Surrey to the Inverness via Pembrokeshire a few winters ago, and then the same in reverse two weeks later.

More or less in one hit - just a few hours sleep at my parents on the Pembrokeshire border.

On 9/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, Ed Poore said:

Hey it's not the worst diversion. I had to do Surrey to the Inverness via Pembrokeshire a few winters ago, and then the same in reverse two weeks later.

More or less in one hit - just a few hours sleep at my parents on the Pembrokeshire border.

Via Somerset means he will be calling by and stopping for a socially distanced coffee and chat. No doubt want to see the Halflinger as well and the not so successful OM606 into a 460 conversion, with 6 speed gearbox

• 2 weeks later...