Lightweight vent panel and bulkhead build

Stellaghost

48 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Forgive me but if it's all welded up why the seam sealer? Incase you missed anything?

Firstly I am only welding one side, the seam sealer will finish the other side nicely, secondly there is some tight corners I cannot get weld into without risking melting large holes in the aluminium ( my tig has improved but still not top notch ), these areas will need seam sealer.

Also Landrover used seam sealer due to everything being spot welded, that's my thoughts I guess

Regards Stephen

• Like 2

Just standing back and looking at the thing as a whole and even attempting making your own bulkhead, I really do take my hat off.

I'm giving a few members of the Camel Trophy owners club support in various parts of the world who have decided to fabricate various Came Trophy vehicle add on's, from Full roll cages to the custom roof racks, I love the spirit that drives folk to get creative with metal - I think I'm living vicariously through you people, as I've not got the workshop set up to be able to dabble myself just now!

Can't wait to see the finished product Stephen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

20220810_121013.thumb.jpg.5f57da1e2e5d5bc78198ce3a4c1122ca.jpg

Good to see you've already fitted the traveling salesman's shirt hook in the rear, a nice touch. Its the little things that really make a vehicle like this usable.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, muddy said:

Good to see you've already fitted the traveling salesman's shirt hook in the rear, a nice touch. Its the little things that really make a vehicle like this usable.

BUT WHAT OF THE CUPHOLDERS?

I'm not seeing any in the bespoke bulkhead, so I'm looking forward to seeing some fabricated from 20mm plate as a matter of urgency.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FridgeFreezer said:

BUT WHAT OF THE CUPHOLDERS?

I'm not seeing any in the bespoke bulkhead, so I'm looking forward to seeing some fabricated from 20mm plate as a matter of urgency.

But this is @Stellaghost, 20mm is @Hybrid_From_Hell - surely they should be 40mm at a minimum? Or maybe an inverted Rover diff case...