Filler / Level Plug thread size ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

Stephen

You sir are a bloody star.

I am going to have some id these horrible units cnc made with a monster neodymium magnet with a flange head ( ie socket or spanner to do / undo)  as my others having spent an age getting on out for my disabled mate .

Lm me your address and when made you can have a freebie 😊

Nige

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HfH, why are you replacing the filler plug?  This should be just above the fluid level, so will have very little effect.  Why not replace the drain plug which will always be fully submerged and will be quite effective in gathering any ferrous materials in the oil.

Mike

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

HfH, why are you replacing the filler plug?  This should be just above the fluid level, so will have very little effect.  Why not replace the drain plug which will always be fully submerged and will be quite effective in gathering any ferrous materials in the oil.

Mike

R380s all have a magnetic drain plug anyway.

When I have had rebuilt R380s from Ashcroft they send them out with a square taper plug in the filler instead of the torx.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:41 AM, Troll Hunter said:

Mike

A drain plug is no good to anyone if you can't get the filler plug undone. Plus if going to the trouble of making a new one, why not put a strong magnet in there? Oil is flung everywhere inside the box when running. 

Sounds like a great idea, I will be  buying one when they are available.