Mud terrain km2

Does anyone know if you can still get mud terrain km2 tyres new as all I seem to find is km3. The reason is I have a brand new never on the road km2 mud as a spare so buying 3 is better than 4.i can find them to backorder but are these still being made the km2 or are they obsolete?

They are discontinued- and it’s been a while so I don’t know how easy it would be to find old stock. 

I did exactly what you are describing a couple of years ago - I bought 3 from TyreLeader, think they came from Germany, and put the best old one I had as a spare.

Thanks i phoned them  they said discontinued. So how different are the tread pattern km2 to km3 does it stick out a mile. I've went from getting a locker to mud tyres but have a good set of all terrain km2 on the car/truck. 

Thanks for the offers ect. I just stick to my first plan , ie the locker. I got a good set of bfg all terrain  on it just now but it came with the spare mud terrain and my last disco 2 had mud tyres on it so brain started ticking , I got enough on my plate just now , I am painting it black should really finish it first I'll inc so pics people like pics.

16128724590156801384569746558122.jpg

Oh every days a school day I did not know that , so I got a collectors tyre then. Thanks I am sure it says km2 , I'll check. I got the truck from a young lad well in his 20s the engine was nackered , think he was trying to loosen the crank pulley with the starter.  It had the bfgs on it ect so God knows when he put them on , I have had it 2/3 years so don't know i just assumed that was the tread pattern for mud tyres , my last insa turbo was like that , but seeing what you posted there's  not much difference km2 km3

Edited by andy _1

54 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

What you have there is actually a first generation tyre! 2 and 3 are quite visually similar. I would check the date of that as I suspect it is now very old

Image result for bfg tyre km3 comparison ko2

They look like they are evolving into an AT looking at the changes from Andys early one to KM2 then KM3..

The KM2 came about due to lower drive by noise regs that came into place. Although I think overall they tended to out perform the original off road. The KM3 I haven't run, but have seen them in action and they are very impressive off road. About as good as I've seen from a 'new' (rather than remould) tread.

2 hours ago, andy _1 said:

16128725825715893747309428617582.jpg

As others have said, that tyre is probably pretty old now. The KM2 was introduced quite a long time back now. And that too is discontinued now.

You might find some part used ones.

Or maybe match it up with some remoulds of similar tread. The only real issue here is, the physical size might be slightly different and the compounds won't be exactly the same. but it would be doable.

https://www.fedimatyres.com/en/4x4/4x4/fmud

https://www.insaturbo.com/copia-de-k2-mt-1

That said, if it was me, I'd either just keep as a spare. Or flog it on ebay and simply buy a new complete set.

2 hours ago, andy _1 said:

Yup must be old there is no km2 on it just says made in usa or date. My all terrain say ko2 not km2 god knows how old they are either , I am meant to be flating paint just now

KM2 is the previous generation Mud (after the KM1 you've got pictured).

KO2 is the current generation All Terrain.

Andy, given the age of that single KM, you’d be better off using it as a spare and buying four new mud tyres.  They’ll have much more effect than a locker for getting going, and unlike a locker, with also help you stop, steer and maintain control better.  A locker also won’t help tired or perished tyres resist leaks or blow-outs.  Honestly, you’ll get far more “bang for your buck” with new tyres than diffs, it’ll cost less, and is a much quicker, easier job.

• Like 1