OT: War, the rising cost of fuel, energy and everything else.

smallfry

I'd sooner walk rather than put one single rouble in the pocket of Putin, and his cronies. Plus, I've a battery chain saw and access to a forest.

Fire up the nuclear power plants, I say. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

With heating oil now at 148, essentially the same as petrol, one has to wonder where the shameless profiteering is happening.

Quite. I understand the base cost rising by about the same amount of petrol and diesel but the much higher percentage rise of heating oil makes no sense

53 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Quite. I understand the base cost rising by about the same amount of petrol and diesel but the much higher percentage rise of heating oil makes no sense

I think they just have the attitude of "Do you want it, or not ?" with summer coming demand will be less, and they will be trying to cover the increased cost of new supplies. Not that its right.

I will not be surprised if there is a shortage.

Good news this morning for oil prices - the UAE have announced they are going to up production and the price per barrel dropped from around $130 a barrel to $115 today. I have heard that is already translating to cheaper heating oil quotes

• Like 3

Certainly not seeing it here yet.

image.png.a58c87330d12a59e1b5e16cc1889f196.png

I'm very much hoping I can get through the remaining cold days on the pittance that's still in my tank. Not that I can't afford to fill it up if really necessary, I just don't want to at these prices.

I've even gone back to throwing LPG into the Range Rover, even though it's become hard to find. At this point I'm not even sure if it's cheaper to drive to the office, or stay at home and heat the house...

• Like 1

This will probably give one or two a quiet snigger.......I cannot get hold of any cooking oil for my LR! The price of new or recycled oil has gone from about 85p a litre to 124p a litre and my local Costco cannot keep new oil on the shelves. Apparently it is in short supply UK wide and Costco are limiting supplies to 10 x 20l per customer. Still none at 1800 this evening, after they received 48 units at 1000 this morning.

At the moment recycled oil is only available fairly locally in 1000l tanks; I don't have the space or handling gear for that. My supplier, (which I helped set up and I'm still a minority shareholder), can sell everything they collect to the oil refiners at a premium.

I'm having to run on real diesel.

• Like 1