galvanised bulkhead

Stephen, I'm sorry but the last build thread I started generated so much unpleasant responses here from people who know everything about anything (in another country) that I asked for the tread to be pulled. Very disappointed.

1 hour ago, Arjan said:

Stephen, I'm sorry but the last build thread I started generated so much unpleasant responses here from people who know everything about anything (in another country) that I asked for the tread to be pulled. Very disappointed.

Oh !!!!

I'm very sorry to hear that

Unfortunately that is sometimes the nature of humans

I guess if I'd had a lot of negative responses to build threads I wouldn't be posting either, in fact I would move forums or just not bother full stop.

There is a lesson to be learnt here..........

I would love you to give posting a build thread another go sometime. I would certainly support it, there is so much learning and knowledge shared in build threads........

Oh well here's hoping.       Regards Stephen

• Like 1

Arjan - I, for one would be very interested in how the rest of the assembly and fit quality around the new BH goes. It's such a fundamental part of the build after all and all real world reports on a technical forum such as this are worth more than any amount of star ratings on the interwebs. 

Steve

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, Arjan said:

I have just fitted one of the MAer Bulkheads to an original LR chassis.

image.png.b29b21eecc5b293b74270e8898501954.png

Fitted without problems.

have you fitted it up yet? ie wiper boxes, dash, steering column and pedal box? trying to compare maer with ultra, a friend has just do a bulkhead swap with an ultra, the maer is about £300 cheaper.

1 hour ago, forkrentfitter said:

have you fitted it up yet? ie wiper boxes, dash, steering column and pedal box? trying to compare maer with ultra, a friend has just do a bulkhead swap with an ultra, the maer is about £300 cheaper.

How much is a Maer bulkhead? I  tried to look on their site but it's saying £1,499 including vat but delivery extra. The confusing bit is that it says stainless steel but goes on to say grade s355.

19 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

How much is a Maer bulkhead? I  tried to look on their site but it's saying £1,499 including vat but delivery extra. The confusing bit is that it says stainless steel but goes on to say grade s355.

It is not SS like you are thinking, its something in the translation. It looks like they are hot zinc sprayed, and not hot dipped.

8 hours ago, smallfry said:

It is not SS like you are thinking, its something in the translation. It looks like they are hot zinc sprayed, and not hot dipped.

I thought it was wrong saying stainless, though I presumed they were dipped.

I am not sure about zinc spraying. I think anything sprayed is "line of sight" application, where dipping gets inside twin skinned sections, in particular the spotwelded seams as they hold water and notorious rust spots.

I have a spare bulkhead that I am going to repair and get dipped (eventually  - don't go holding your breath though!)

Maer is offering both :

- mild steel that is dipped (galvanized)

- Stainless steel (Kno nothing about that)

Contact the importer in your country for details / prices etc.