Forward Control 2b - wrong wheelbase?

Def Harry

Lazily browsing eBay, stumbled across this 2b for sale - but it looks like an 88, I'm guessing body plonked on top of an 88 chassis because I don't think the chassis looks right either. But I'd be grateful of an opinion of someone who knows more about them, just looks very odd!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275477488836?hash=item4023bce4c4:g:~MwAAOSwpsRjMudB&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsMZIEHf%2Bo5K7itZS4nofK9ZWTu6e0KWwzkRSkLbYrjlyiOpjRs7cYwrB7yj4jxa0FMsJrhr7V2L48lpBLXnn6FB%2BV0K6WLVgRXiYIreB%2FSfAc5EucpCqDYsNHx3vc9Nvi3jx%2FN0CYpEzxZgAhZVheCGA9vKUAT1EP1ewDYgjJ4sXEa7YKYOK06q2yneFRwMxhCRKQZZyEt2xcWW8v3dyW%2Fnu4eilzxUjsuWf2Or6cYzC|tkp%3ABk9SR7qJr8b0YA

Looks like a 109/110" to me. Hood frame is not correct. Steering box/column looks too short. Wheels look very much like the 2a deep dish. Rear crossmember is not correct.

Rear body looks pretty original as does the cab. Fuel tank is clearly not original but so what? 

Not a bad example in my opinion.

Steve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I drove the 109 to Russia & back on the Petlas that came with my axles.

On the way back we pulled into a petrol station and @dirtydiesel jumped out of his 300TDi 2-door and cursed me - he'd spend the last 25 miles searching for the awful droning noise apparently coming from his truck, he'd been shifting gears, dipping the clutch, turning things on & off, and as I rolled to a stop in the petrol station behind him the droning noise finally stopped :rofl:

They were better than the XZL's, mind.

How would they compare with simex tyres, noise, grip and wear?

9 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

This one has definitely been stretched though... :blink:

fmi0t1ozg3v91.thumb.jpg.eff00146b787486001f91b3981e7ebc6.jpg

One for Mike! 

• Haha 1