Strata on Sunday?

Bowie69

Heading to south Wales with my son on Friday for a long weekend, in LGT, camping at the Showcaves and hoping to get some camping and hiking in, and 'wheeling' as the cool kids call it. 

Tempted to do Strata Florida and maybe Elan Valley if there's time/weather on the Sunday, wondered if anyone else was about in the area and fancied meeting up on it? 

"I'm not organising anything", just seeing if anyone wants to tag along. 

Nay bother if not :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Tempted to do Strata Florida and maybe Elan Valley if there's time/weather on the Sunday, wondered if anyone else was about in the area and fancied meeting up on it? 

"I'm not organising anything", just seeing if anyone wants to tag along. 

Nay bother if not :)

One day, one day........

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

Very good point Mike - be very careful. 

If my memory is right - if you come at it from the south, you can tell how it’s going to be from the first river crossing - where you go over at an angle.  If it’s got any pace to it - it’s going to be dangerous further on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anderzander said:

I’ve just asked my cousin, who lives in Aberystwyth, how it is .. she said they’ve got flooding and a lot of the roads are impassable. Strata is pretty close to there.

Thanks, will follow the advice, have a look but don't poke! 

As you say, will be coming from south. 

Damn, if I'd seen this earlier I'd have done the work I now need to do tomorrow today. We're not massively far from Strata in the grand scheme of things.

If you fancied an alternative there's some spectacular lanes nearer us in Brechfa. More fun than Strata but not as scenic (in some ways).

• Like 2