I must be getting old

Driving along the M8 on Monday a 6 wheeled Discovery 2 joined the motorway and peaked my interest.

Decided to follow to see if I could get some pictures. Saw a nice blond driving so decided not to follow further.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

Driving along the M8 on Monday a 6 wheeled Discovery 2 joined the motorway and peaked my interest.

Decided to follow to see if I could get some pictures. Saw a nice blonde driving so decided not to follow further.

;)

5 hours ago, Maverik said:

Did you wave?

No but I suspected she knew I was following and why I was following. As we parted at some traffic lights she gave it a rip and she punned away. 

I couldn't tell if it was a 6x6 or a 6x4 but from what I saw it looked well made with a flat bed at the back.

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

Definitely the car your talking about ??????????.........

Regards Stephen

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

As opposed to a lumpy bed? 

What is this? Jealousy? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maverik said:

?? - just something google threw up - not this one as its a lefty on 2nd look!

image.png.254cda745d6c22d480d28f247ec6cd62.png

image.png.6e5c2fff580eadf3e9b44651a96a6e14.png

Nothing like the one I saw.

This was a truck cab and looked short on the wheel base somehow. Must have been built for a reason but I couldn't see advantages. 

Also it wasn't a pick up more a trayback.

6x6 Land Rover Discovery Build - YouTube

More like this although the rear of the cab was a flat plate with no attempt at making interesting profiles. 

The bed was allot chequer plate and it didn't have the head board. And for some reason seemed shorter.

1 hour ago, Simon_CSK said:

6x6 Land Rover Discovery Build - YouTube

More like this although the rear of the cab was a flat plate with no attempt at making interesting profiles. 

The bed was allot chequer plate and it didn't have the head board. And for some reason seemed shorter.

That one looks to me like they've added a bit to the wheelbase.... unless D2/D1 doors are a different length but I suspect not.

From memory D1 and D2 had the same wheel base although a completely different chassis. For the benefit of production I cannot see them remaking the doors and would suspect the doors to be interchangeable.

The only difference in the doors I can think of is the 2 door variant of the D1 where you need a bigger door to access the rear seats.

35 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

From memory D1 and D2 had the same wheel base although a completely different chassis. For the benefit of production I cannot see them remaking the doors and would suspect the doors to be interchangeable.

The only difference in the doors I can think of is the 2 door variant of the D1 where you need a bigger door to access the rear seats.

Unlike the RRC, I don't think the 3-door doors were any different.

33 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Unlike the RRC, I don't think the 3-door doors were any different.

I just assumed they were the same as the RRC. Having looked at a comparision photo I can see I was wrong.

Just proves when you assume you make an ass out of U and me.

21 minutes ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

and this is the last hurdle .......................

bonkers complex and huge money might add to the can't be arsed list :rofl:

6x6 SN.png

Yeah but the results are really cool....