Bobtailing

v8bertha

It depends what you want the back end to look like, if you want to keep original corners and lights then you want to cut out 15-16", if you cut out 18" then large tyres will hit the back of the light fittings.

If you aren't worried by changing the lights then cut off level with the back of the tyres and fabricate body arround a roll cage. ;)

side.jpg

Ooh, that has to be the nicest RR ever :D

:blink: Oh god.... don't let Jen see that or she'll insist I do the same to mine :o

Does look nice, but I'm gonna keep the back lights standard (why????) :huh:

I was thinkin about 12"... having spent far too long playing with me measuring stick, this seems to give a good compramise between overhang and usability (... still want to be able to go shopping in it ya know!) :ph34r:

Oo, I vote for RogueVogues!! That is lovely! B) :)

...but, I know you still want to be able to do weeks away in Bertha and fit the spare wheel in the back, so based on 598's pics vote for 12" ... until I can persuade you to do a Rogue Vogue ;):D

Someone's been reading Pirate4x4 - seeing that sticker on your wagon, I can see where the influence came from!

Nope, influence was all Nick's.

I'm to blame for Pirate4x4 stickers. They gave me some stickers free when they screwed up a shipment. I gave a Nick a couple of red ones to stick on the RR.

Cheers

Steve :)

Mine's 15" :o:o:lol:

For all the reasons you quote - useable space (fuel tank and spare take up loads of room) and keeping the rear lights.

Bishtail.JPG

Bobtail.jpg

Hey Nick - (Rogue Vogue) - where did you get your fuel filler from? Particularly theinclined mount to let into the bodywork? I need one to fix a slow filling problem I have.

None

:lol: Cheers Dave....

Looks like you've been busy with Photoshop!! B)

Mine's 15" :o:o:lol:

hmmmm.... spose I could chop another 3 inches, wouldn't make much difference (just ask the misses!! ;);):blink: )

Bish.... have you sorted your fuel tank yet or are you keeping the standard tank inside?

I took 17 off seemed like a good idea at the time the pickup does make for problems but I like it and it's not my everyday transport.Can't show you a pic because i'm carp at all that tech stuff.Another kind soul might put one up for me if they have time but dont put up a pic of me stuck or at the roadside with a AA van behind me

I took 17 off seemed like a good idea at the time the pickup does make for problems but I like it and it's not my everyday transport.Can't show you a pic because i'm carp at all that tech stuff.Another kind soul might put one up for me if they have time but dont put up a pic of me stuck or at the roadside with a AA van behind me

did you mean this one shouldn't be posted?

nick1.jpg

or was it this one?

nick2.jpg