which looks better

jules

Well if you can i would run the 33's as the main tyre for towing and general running around. And the 36's for off road days and playing

MMMM

I have 4.75 diffs at home ready to fit from the old 90 but that to low for the simex.

It does look masive on the simex.

I would prefure if I could find a happy meadium for the gearing but I think 4.1 would not allow the 36" to work properly.

MMMM

I have 4.75 diffs at home ready to fit from the old 90 but that to low for the simex.

It does look masive on the simex.

I would prefure if I could find a happy meadium for the gearing but I think 4.1 would not allow the 36" to work properly.

the 4.7's with a 1:1 ratio transfer box from a 3speed auto?

Or 3.54's with an early 110 t/box?

The 33's look better, just suits it better somehow.

The 36's are a little OTT.

Having seen it in the flesh at Sodbury, it looked just about right,

as the rangey is very smart and tidy(at the moment)

Exactly what he said - as I said in my PM's

Beadlocks on the 36's like we discussed will also make the driveability worse again. Putting aside the potential legal implications - which we've done to death. Spinning up all that extra steel will affect performance, driveability and braking too.

I hate to be a party pooper - but I bet they aren't speed rated for a 4.2 LSE either. For a truck that will see road miles - that is a biggie IMHO.

:mellow:

<_<

:(

I will carry out some experiments over the next few months with the simex and the MTR's and drive train gearing.

the problem is soon as I'm playing on a site day and the truck begins to struggle on the MTR's I will lose all faith in them and swap them over then just start to brake stuff.

on the 90 many years ago I went from 12,50 ext wild cats which I had been happy with for a few years to the simex 34/5"purely because I couldn't match Ali hill for hill I am too competitive to be normal...

The wife he resigned to the fact that her freelander or my disco will tow the caravan for shows as the practical bit of the RR has gone out the window.

My wife wants to take it to work to show her colleagues

FWIW I would go for the first option, plus mud!

Looks far more credible

I concur ...

the 36's just look a bit big IMHO

However: If your engine can pull the big rubber why not keep them for the rough stuff?!

General road use might play havoc (?) with the handling - especially braking - and certainly cause a speedo prob.

I concur ...

the 36's just look a bit big IMHO

However: If your engine can pull the big rubber why not keep them for the rough stuff?!

General road use might play havoc (?) with the handling - especially braking - and certainly cause a speedo prob.

I have the low ratio Kam diffs still to fit and was playing the other night and have not notices any major difference with the braking.

It will never handle or drive as well on the simex as it did on the goodyears but its become a toy and the freelander or discovery will now tow the caravan to.

go with the 36`s

I have 275/65/16`s & even with double wider mud flaps they throw a lot of carp up the side

plus you have a little more ground clearance and less strain on the wheel bearings and steering linkage & Pumps

plus on well rutted (truck worn) roads you wont get as much steering wobble

happy trails

abe

go with the 36`s

I have 275/65/16`s & even with double wider mud flaps they throw a lot of carp up the side

plus you have a little more ground clearance and less strain on the wheel bearings and steering linkage & Pumps

plus on well rutted (truck worn) roads you wont get as much steering wobble

happy trails

abe

I am mid flow of fitting the new OME shocks and springs, Rear cranked arms and front QT hocky sticks twin lockers, comperssor, dislocation cones, sumo steering arms and talking mates into making off set my rims to get the correct off set.

Every sodding bolt is siezed or half way there make the work painfully slow.