3rd Mike Wolfe Winch Challenge - Advance info....

MWWE4thMedium.jpg

Right you lot !

I have a date for the 3rd Mike Wolfe Memorial Winch Challenge Event 2006 (Theres a clue) :D

DATE - 4 or 5th Feb 2006, .....not sure as to Saturday or the Sunday, ....most prob the sunday but to be confirmed 100% it IS one of these 2 days tho, 99% Sure SUNDAY.

Site ?, .........nope not telling yet.......,

its near chichester West Sussex, thats all I'm saying at the mo, ........I'll let you know nearer the time.

So, outline of the day. :ph34r:

The Event is hosted by the HBRO (Hants and Berks) club, an ARC Club for LRs. (www.hbro.co.uk)

This event is being run (as were the others) on a special permit,

so any ROAD LEGAL LIGHT 4x4 is allowed (101 biggest allowed as a guide no sallies !),

Suzukis, G wagons, Shoguns have all entered in the past

We have a limited entry on numbers, there are some "Reserved" team places for club members, but at the mo I reckon to be able to allow 10 teams from elsewhere, ...........

yes you have to be a club member, ...............

no you can join in the new year......................

, no there are no ways around it,.....................

....unless you are a member of the HBRO or any other ARC club................

Fees to be decided, but probably around £45 per 4x4, £90 per team,

non members cannot enter so all drivers need to be ARC members of HBRO £25 and pasengers £3,

except passengers who also may drive / co drive etc the 4x4 on the day ....have to be full members at £25....period

Its to get the insurance and keep the ARC MSA Happy...so don't ask the answer is no !

The event will offer a full day as the last 2 events have done, something for everyone....

If you fancy a Play day type event, this is suitable, loads of easy punches, ..............

if you have done some of these events before and what to feel that there will be punches to tax you there will be mediums too, ...............

and for the nutters I will promise a range of mad and difficult punches !.....

those who did them the last 2 events will confirm that there are

easy - and they are,

mediums and they are,

and hard - they are and will be !

Expect to be driving around, winching and having fun all day, ....this is a competitive event, but 'pot hunters' or people without a sense of humour need not apply, ...........

neither should anyone who engages in unsafe practises when winching or driving as you will be shouted at, b*ll*cked and generally made to look the idiot you are,...... if you still insist on placing yours and others safety at risk then you'll definately be asked to leave

.....safety 1st, ...........sense of humour second...lecture over !

We will require marshals, but again, only club members can marshal - period ! :ph34r:

Spectators are welcome, FOC but foot power only, the only 4x4s allowed on site are officals, entrants and marshals.....my pasenger seat is spoken for with Michelle !

So, there you go, its booked, the date is 99% certain to be the Sunday,

venue secret, but not either of the last 2 sites !,

and I'll be running it as the last 2 times, also hoping for magazine coverage again (had the last 2 in LR Mags !), .............so have a think and let me know...

I will be producing entry forms and guidance packs shortly,

money can wait till 2006,

and I am running this for and on behalf of the HBRO my time and efforts are like all the others who will help me on the day .................FOC

Nige

:D

Tony,

Place reserved for you

Trev,

Team place reserved, will sort out a second, anyone up for Joining Trev ?

Will W I know wants to enter, Feb / Auto Hmmmmmm - ?? :ph34r:

So,

Forum entries

Team 1 White 90 and Nick TangoMan

Team 2 Trev LR90 and ??

Team 3. Will W and ??

Will update as I get info, I have since typing this had 4 entries from the club !!

Oh, and one has a Type R PTO driven !!.........its F quick !

Nige

Forum entries

Team 2 Trev LR90 and ??

Team 3. Will W and ??

Team 4. Les B and ???

Team 5. Paul W and ???

I will suspend entries when I get to 8 forum teams (for a while), so as to give club and interclub members a chance to enter...later on after this has calmed down will then open up for a few more places

If you miss the initail 8 team let me know and I'll then bear you in mind later.............

Nige

Right you lot !

I have a date for the 3rd Mike Wolfe Memorial Winch Challenge Event 2006 (Theres a clue) :D

DATE - 4 or 5th Feb 2006, .....(...)my pasenger seat is spoken for with Michelle !

Nige

Fair ahead,I'm in AFAIK

(I'll see what in the cards for me in Feb though!)

Put me down Nigel! I've not asked my prospective team mate yet, so they will have to remain a mystery for the moment!

By the way, what on earth are 'pot hunters' ?

Sounds more interesting than it probably is.

Si

MWWE4thMedium.jpg

Simon

A "Pot Hunter" is the type of idiot(s) who wants to win at all costs, .........

cheating, ignoring rules, jumping up and down and shouting when somethings "Not Fair", being basically a PITFA and normally they are dangerous in a 4x4 to boot !

Anyway, teams forming fast, have several club and club members entering, but forum wise it looks like this.

Team 2 Trev LR90 and ??

Team 3. Will W and ??

Team 4. Tonk & ??

Team 5. Paul W and ???

Team 6 Simon R & ???

Team 7. Available

Team 8. Available

Team 9. Available

Team 10. Available

That will be it then - the offer list will close for a while whilst the remianing 15 team are offered to club members etc and Other ARC Clubs etc, if not fully taken there may be some more spaces....

Andy, your guaranteed a place as a HBRO member !, in next months mag to you.....

<cough>Nigel T - Glad you volunteered, had you eared for the post anyway :lol: <cough>

Les B - now Biatching for Tangoman Team 1.

'Eales 90 Passenger Seat' Booked for Michele !

Nige

If anyone's looking for a co-driver/monkey then I should be free then :D If not I'll come and take some photos if thats allowed?

Richard

DD, can we book you??? I'm don't think Si's got anyone lined up to bitch for him.

Nige, SI WHITE will be my team mate. I thougt I'd write it a little clearer this time :P

Yep i would be up for this if possible please Nige.

- Tony have you got Jays details, you reckon he would be up for teaming up? failing that Mike???

failing the two above i may be able to source one other vehicle (Dan something to aim for, cage, lockers and simex preferable for then rear winch can wait or yeah engine that runs would be beneficial as well - its in 06 so loads of advance warning!!)

failing the 3 above - anyone volunteering to team up.