Speed delimiter for NewDef

expat69

I've heard that Allisport are new selling a speed delimiter module for the NewDef....

I've seen a few companies claiming they can do it.. but when contacted it's always... "final stage of development". :rolleyes:

So... as Allisport are actually selling it... Do you know if anyone else is "actually" doing it ?

Still can't imagine 100mph in a Defender being a terribly bright idea...

I wonder what insurance companies say about the speed delimiters - after all there is only one reason for fitting them which is to go too fast in a vehicle not designed for speed!

To be fair , if you want to go fast you dont buy a Land Rover you buy a sports car.

agree with you, but you can expect 2007 performance for a 2007 vehicle...

Even if it's the "same" design since 1948.... the Defender has evolved over the years... and without asking 100mph, 80mph limit is just :blink:

agree with you, but you can expect 2007 performance for a 2007 vehicle...

Even if it's the "same" design since 1948.... the Defender has evolved over the years... and without asking 100mph, 80mph limit is just :blink:

You have got / driven an 07 right? Just how fast do you want it to go?

You have got / driven an 07 right? Just how fast do you want it to go?

yes... how fast.. up to the legal speed limit when possible..

and a number of my friends on the continent who used to drive at 80-85 with their td5 are not very happy with the 80mph limit...

yes... how fast.. up to the legal speed limit when possible..

and a number of my friends on the continent who used to drive at 80-85 with their td5 are not very happy with the 80mph limit...

Buy a Td5 then... :unsure::blink::lol:

Am I missing the point here?

I have an 07 defender and I dont know why anyone would would want to spend 20k+ to go thrash the b*****s off it, the engine may be just ticking over at a mere 2500 at 80mph but we must also remember the swivels, transfer, diffs etc are no different to 200/300 & TD5 models (not much anyway).

PS just bought yet another series 3, Mr slooooooooooooow. That'll be the 8th Land Rover.

Guest diesel_jim
Am I missing the point here?

I have an 07 defender and I dont know why anyone would would want to spend 20k+ to go thrash the b0ll0cks off it, the engine may be just ticking over at a mere 2500 at 80mph but we must also remember the swivels, transfer, diffs etc are no different to 200/300 & TD5 models (not much anyway).

and the swivel and transfer box,steering box etc are also the same (more or less) as the old 4.2 LWB classic rangie, which had a book speed of something like 118mph wasn't it?

i understand when people say "if you want to go fast then get a sports car" but it's a bit of a thin argument, they're not saying they want to go 130+, but being able to hit, say, 90 on a (private :lol: ) motorway to get past someone isn't asking for much.

next they'll be saying "if you want to modify your 90/110 hardcore, then just buy a unimog"

I stand corrected about the drivetrain but still dont understand why anyone needs to drive at 90mph in their Defender, but each to their own I suppose.

I dont think I drive mine particularly fast as my other car is a Honda Integra DC5 that makes your ears bleed at 9k rpm

Wasn't my original question.. "whoelse is doing a speed delimiter ?"

or my english is so bad that it read "let's debate about speeding with a Defender"...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

forum = a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:

a forum for debate/discussion

It's not limited to 80 mph, more like 84 mph and it can be driven through to 85 mph +.

I had a TD5 and don't see driving on the continent as a problem.