REO Speedwagon

Journey

and a bit of Green Day :D

Edited to add:

Gawd, memory like a sieve... :rolleyes:

KT Tunstall

Amy MacDonald

and usually a bit of REM

Oh man, there are some gems coming out of the woodwork here!!

I grew up in South Africa.....it was almost crime not to have listened to Live's Throwing Copper (I can still sing every song word for word!)

ARLO GUTHRIE!!!!! Wonderful!! "Alices Restaurant" is probably one of the best songs of all time.

Flock of Seagulls!! Simon, I have not yet had the pleasure of speaking to you, or as of yet doing business with you, but your reputation precedes you.....but this surprises me!!! Do you have the REALLY cool Flock of Seagulls haircut???!!

There was a GLARING omission from my list....how come no one has mentioned Black Sabbath yet?????

Jimbo,

I’ve got a load of stuff you welcome to ……..

The complete works of Pink floyd………..Led Zepplin ………WASP

Queensryche

Ian Hunter

Gary Moore

David Arkenstone

David Gilmour

Tom Petty

Family

Genesis (early stuff – Lamb Lies Down on Broadway)

Joe Cocker

Metallica

Journey

Scorpions

AC/DC

Guns n Roses

The Jam

Wishbone Ash

Vangelis

Iron Maiden

Dire Straits

Roxy music

Bob Dylan

I hope the spelling is OK .................. after 4 pints of Diesel my legs are a bit wobbly .............. I guess Ciderman will know what I'm on about

:)

Ian

ahh the floyd- shine on you crazy diamond brings a tear to my eye every time i hear it- did anyone else hear the celebration of "thingies" (you know the original singer/writer whose name i just can't remember at the moment). Roger Waters was saying that they hadn't seen Sid (kinew i'd remember the name) for over a year when he turned up out of the blue and sat listening to them singing this song about him. that was the last time most of them saw him!

WASP? who? what?

Lynyrd Skynyrd? again, never heard of them- but they've been mentioned a couple of times- what sort of music are we looking at?

Scorpions are the same

Snow patrol i thought were a boy band, but i really enjoy their album- certainly NOT a boyband and really very very listenable.

Green day's early stuff is the only stuff worth listening to- later stuff is mostly carp.

If you love really chilled out beautiful music then Abraham's album is highly recommended- blue for the most

one of the best songs i've heard in a long time by the catchily named Bird York In the Deep

Most of this has been added already, but I'll say it again anyway...

Joy Division

Radiohead

Muse

Prodigy

certain Rolling Stones tracks

Live

Counting Crows

Foo Fighters

Nirvana

Pink

Pink Floyd

Nine Inch Nails

Metaillica

Snow Patrol

New Order

Linkin Park

Gomez

All on my Car playlist on my iPod that I just stick on shuffle most of the time... :D

Can't stress enough how good Muse are :D

The Cramps

Simonr is a closet psycobilly ! :D

Far too many grebos on this site, too :(

What you need Puggers, is plenty of Motown, some rare groove, lots of Northern soul and some modern soul thrown in for good measure. If you need a must have soul album list preparing, I'd be only too happy to oblige.

Mo

My 2p worth...

Stevie Ray Vaughan - listen to Riviera Paradise on the In Step album.

Jonny Lang

Paul Rodgers - As in Free / Bad Company

Eric Tessmer

Kosheen

Collective Soul

ZZ Top

Santana

Jeff Healey

By way of contrast...

Billie Holiday

Yello

Ella Fitzgerald

Holst - The Planets !!!!

I can't believe you have never heard Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd - how old are you ?!!

Adrian.

OK i may have no taste in 4x4's so here goes my music

Cansei De Ser Sexy

White Zombie (more human than human!)

Sepultura - Chaos AD is great to drive to

Fujiya & Miyagi

Deep Purple

Audioslave - 1st or 3rd album as 2nd was pants!

The Cat Empire

The chemical brothers

Sia - laid back Zero 7 singer also zero 7 for that matter

St germain

Tool

Husky Rescue

When I was about 14, My sister & I we were travelling with the rest of the family in my Grandfather's car. My sister had made a compilation tape which had this on it!

Afterwards, it was quite funny - but we both had an uncomfortable few minutes! I bet my grandpaernts (good Cathoholics) didn't know what to think!

Si

Surprised no-one has suggested Frank Zappa. Possibly an acquired taste but a vast collection of music spanning several decades and many genres. Always different, always good.

Try some Toten Hosen (german punk band)

Bit of Jethro Tull and Fleetwood Mac for quieter moments.

Lot of good modern stuff out there though many albums are carried by a couple of decent tracks. Personally I like the magic numbers album

This gal used to play the Mountain bars when I was a ski addict.

Miss Thing

She was awesome at getting a party going.

These chaps do some good covers CDs and are excellent live.

Sneakys Band

In the cars I tend to listen to allsorts most of the usual stuff mentioned above.

I would recommend Shane MacGowen and the Popes' The Snake' album, its been a favourite of mine for years.

Will :)

WASP? who? what?

Jim,

WASP have been around since the early 80’s ………….what makes the band, is the amazing voice of Steven Duren, better known as Blackie Lawless………

A wide range of music, from this.............

to this……..

The best album was the Crimson Idol ………….which is essentially a complex story in music……..

:)

Ian

can't believe I forgot these guys - Hayseed Dixie, bluegrass covers of all sorts from

to

also Levellers, Mudhoney, Pantera, Kaiser Chiefs

(whisper mode) i'm also quite partial to a bit ofS Club 7 (whisper mode off)

and a lot of what's already been suggested,

EDIT (cos some cheeky mods been here before me) OK who's modifying my posts, thanks for that no credibility at all now. :P I know it's cheesy but so what Just for that I'm adding a

(and I know all the word and the dance moves too....... i'll go now) However I would point out this was an earlier suggestion so it's not all camp

My (generally rock oriented) catalogue contains a lot of those listed including the complete works of WASP, Pink Floyd, Roger Waters etc

But I recently came across Amy MacDonald , 19 year old singer songwriter from Glasgow and its the best thing I've heard in years.

Let's Start a Band and Youth of Today are absolute classics. For a first album there isn't a duff track on it - hell I even paid money for it!

Gruntus gave some sound advice earlier,

Anything Queens of the Stone Age.

also try:-

Eagles of Death Metal

Mr Bungle (start with California!)

Slint - Spiderland

Peeping Tom

Tomahawk

Fantomas (start with The Directors Cut)

Faith No More

Dillinger Escape Plan

Godspeed You Black Emperor