Overseas fuel prices

Exmoor Beast

I have had enough and am writing to the PM and my MP about the fuel prices. Its hit 112.9p here today and i have had a guts full of it.

The bloody Government has been responsible for the closure of our local hospital so as a result I have had a 40+mile round trip every day to visit lucy for the last 2 weeks (she is home and wellish now) and we get charged a minimum of £1.50 to park at the hospital! We are lucky in that we aren't really poor but for most familys it could be catastrophic financially.

So. Would everyone please let me know what they pay for fuel, not really in the UK (as it seems we are all in the same boat) but overseas as the PM had the nerve to say that fuel prices is 'a worldwide problem'. I don't see the USA paying £5.13 a gallon, whats that around $10 a gallon? :o

Will :angry:

Diesel is currently 42p a litre here, petrol I think is 74p at the moment though I daresay fuel will go up at the end of the month, with the increase in oil prices. No tax on any fuel here.

Not so many years ago it was 25p/litre for diesel and 35p/litre for petrol.

In the states, the national average for unleaded is $3.096 (£1.498), and $3.496 (£1.69) for diesel per US gallon (3.79 litres)

Prices from here

Which means that unleaded is 39.5p per litre, and diesel is 44.6p per litre, but then they are willing to go to war to keep their prices down.

For European average prices, this is a good website, and shows us to be in the top quarter price wise, with Norway the most expensive.

For European average prices, this is a good website, and shows us to be in the top quarter price wise, with Norway the most expensive.

I'm a bit suspicious of that. It shows Ireland's average to be 1.10. I have seen 1.10 anywhere between here and Dublin in months.

Edit: that should read I haven't seen 1.10 anywhere :rolleyes:

in my little world (north Kent/ south Essex) it seems to fluctuate between £1.03 and £1.12 per litre, it has gone up by an average of 10p per litre in the last month...

I've just found someone local to where I work doing proper Bio Diesel for 88.9p per litre, I think I'll be visiting him fairly regularly... ;)

I've just come back from Libya & it cost my driver 15 Dinars to fill up the tank from empty.

Which is just under £6.00 :o

Not sure of how much per litre that was, car was some type of Chrysler thing, so a reasonable size tank I'd have thought!

I paid 48.8 pence per litre in Luton last night for LPG which is cheaper than the normal 54 pence in Sussex.

On Tuesday I went from Pease Pottage full-up tank to Tamworth, upto Nottingham, stayed overnight, back down to Luton, filled-up with 43 litres for £20.97 after 298 miles thats 7pence per mile fuel cost.

Vehicle: Ford Transit Connect 1.8 litre zetec engine :D

The nas would have cost me 2 tanks at about £62, thats 21pence per mile.

Whats your per statute mile cost for a 90 running diesel?

copied from another forum

UK Fuel being squandered to America

This damning news has been brought to my attention by someone working in the petro-chemical industry in the UK who shall remain anonymous.

It is said that Phillips Petroleum in the UK are pumping oil reserves in from the Echo Frisk platform in the North Sea and supplying...wait for it...the USA with OUR fuel. It is also less widely know that the US Forces over here including their families using OUR roads are driving around at discounted fuel by OUR Government to the tune of only 80P per GALLON! Yes, GALLON not LITRE!

Basically we are supplying fuel to the USA that could be better used for our own reserves. The Echo Frisk platform is supplying to Phillips in Teeside and then being shipped across the Atlantic to the USA for them to use.

So there you have it, a Government making a shambolic gesture to its citizens. Whilst its ok to rip us UK citizens off with massive fuel taxation, it is ok for the US services and families to have fuel supplied at only 80p per gallon. I for one am certainly very unhappy at this revelation ! Yet again, Welcome to RIP OFF Britain

In Johannesburg, South Africa it is currently

Petrol

R 7.00 per litre or GBP 0.50 or $1 (93 octane Lead Replacement or Unleaded) 95 Octane is slighty more per litre

Diesel

R 7.30 per litre or GBP 0.52 or $ 1.04 (Low Sulphur) "Normal" Sulphur etc is around R 6.90 per litre

Changes First Wednesday of every month depending on oil prices.

copied from another forum

UK Fuel being squandered to America

I work on the Ekofisk project and it is actually in the Norwegian sector.

British offshore sector has nothing to do with it, except Teeside. All the people

working on it are based in Norway.

Plus the complex is called Ekofisk and consists of around 27 permanent installations.

Ekofisk