Kenlowe Fan

When i start my landy up on a morning i need to check for cats hiding in the black wind tunnel thing that for the cooling fan.

Needless to say i discovered i had to do this after loosing a couple of alternator belts and my mrs complaining of cats going missing.

This checking before starting method has worked for ages but now the buggers are getting wise and jump out when i pop the bonnet and then jumping back in. Its all rathee messy :ph34r::(

So i had a plan.. I can remove the black wind tunnel cat bed and fit a kenlowe fan which won't even turn till its actually needed.

I want to mount the fan on the engine side of the radiator and not the front. So, do i need a blow *** or a suction type ? :lol:

When i start my landy up on a morning i need to check for cats hiding in the black wind tunnel thing that for the cooling fan.

Needless to say i discovered i had to do this after loosing a couple of alternator belts and my mrs complaining of cats going missing.

This checking before starting method has worked for ages but now the buggers are getting wise and jump out when i pop the bonnet and then jumping back in. Its all rathee messy :ph34r::(

So i had a plan.. I can remove the black wind tunnel cat bed and fit a kenlowe fan which won't even turn till its actually needed.

I want to mount the fan on the engine side of the radiator and not the front. So, do i need a blow *** or a suction type ? :lol:

a sucker type mate.........i have twins on mine :D

The X-Switch is about £35 I think, you get a forum discount (find SimonR and follow the link in his signature). The kenlowe switch is total junk and the fans are well overpriced. I'm using a twin fan from an Audi something, Mondeo ones are good (big, common, cheap) but the general rule is wander the scrapyard with a tape-measure until you find something that will fit.

Then spend the £100 you've just saved on beer! :lol:

Hi guys I have a 98 Disco 3.9 with auto box and aircon and larger tyres so the engine works hard would a fan from a car such as a mondeo be powerfull enough to cope rather than paying big bucks for a kenlowe?

Thanks in advance

firemannotsam

I fitted twin fans off a Peugeot 405 td (£10 from breaker) These are mounted in front of the radiator. I then drilled and tapped the stat housing to accept a 95degC switch. Much neater (and cheaper) than the X-Eng gismo or the Kenlowe 'thing'

I'll try post some pics

AD90

"bloody annoying noisey sod yowling all night long."

Try a dog whistle, most of the local cats can't stand it, and the noise carries well, so you can use it from the bedroom window.

The other trick is to develop the ability to make the PSSSSHH noise a cat makes when trying to scare off a competitor. The combination of both sees off the all the local cats.

I'm not saying they won't come back occasionally, but they don't stay long once you have explained in language they can understand that it's your territory.

Cheers.