compressor and air tool deal

disco tony

Looks cheap but then it's only ONE CFM :(

I think that may be a mis-print... the compressor looks identical to mine (which I paid £110 for least year) and which is supposed to produce (IIRC) 7.9cfm...

Mine's ok (for example I have to keep 'resting' to let it catch up every few seconds with the windy ratchet), but I have often thought that another one in parallel would be great - at this cost it could almost be worth it... But not quite.

Twosheds

yes have looked at this and for around £130 you could have a few tools with it. i no its only aldi but it should do for what i want (although i no nothing about them) and at that pprice bloody good! :)

i do have a few questions though, is it worth getting the air filter/lubricator regulator thing for £20?

also on the shot blaster, what is the recyclebly bag about because the sand shoots out the end so it wouldnt catch anything would it?

and how long would i be able to let, say a air ratchet or gun run, taking a bolt of for instance befor i would have to let the motor fill the tank up again?

sorry about all the questions

cheers

I've got one of these, branded differently, and I have used it for spraying my lightweight and other bits, thepressure never dropped tbh, it does seem alright for the cash!

I might be popping to aldi for some tools tho ;)

was thinking more about the tools Fridge, did'nt even look at the compressor. May be up Disco Ryans street, he's looking at rattle guns is he not?

It's a conspiracy I tells ya :lol:

That rattle gun might be worth a punt whatever I do. You getting commission Tony? :D

If the flow is 270 litres per min, instead of the quoted 27 lpm, that is 9.5 cfm, which on a 2.5 kw motor probable equates to what other people claim, although I haven't checked for certain.

"on the shot blaster, what is the recyclebly bag about because the sand shoots out the end so it wouldnt catch anything would it?"

With a spot blaster the black plastic nozzle you can see is held against the panel that is being spot cleaned. The 'toughened' steel nozzle is at the gun end of the plastic nozzle. Most of the grit therefore drops to the bottom of the plastic nozzle after it bounces off the panel. They have different plastic nozzles so you can select one that does not overlap the edge of the panel, thus you 'never' blow the blasating media into free space.

I've not used one, but that's the theory, which I'll probably be able to prove anytime after Thursday :-))

I use a free standing air filter and regulator. I find it gives more consistant performance if I regulate the pressure down to say 80 psi near the point of use (the other end of the whip hose). Used like that you could use the oiler as well, it's a cost effective way of doing it. I don't use an oiler at the compressor end of the hose, as I don't want the long hose to be contaminated with oil. So yes, starting from scratch, I'd go for that. Do be aware that any regulator / Filter etc will reduce the maximum airflow, but you have to accept this, or spend a lot more money.

I'd use the 3m hose in that kit as a whip hose between the oiler and the tools, that can be contaminated with oil. You will need an uncontaminated hose for paint spraying, spot blasting, and perhaps undersealing. I'm not sure about stapling. The 10 M hose in the kit will do for that. It does say you can split the regulator away from the oiler if required.

This assumes you buy the hose on a reel as the main hose from the compressor to the filter regulator.

If you buy the speed saw it is better to cut down 12" blades that buy the special short ones.

I can't comment on the air gun / ratchet run time as I don't use mine for that.

HTH

thanks for that info i think you have answed all my questions :) but i have come up with some more :( sorry. so would you suggest not getting the air regulator? if i do, the compresor has a double outlet, so i could have one airline running of it with oiled line posibly the one that comes with it and another non oiled? and you say loss of pressure on the line, anything that will afffct me to much? sorry and thanks again. but filter or not i think thursday i will be picking one of the compresors up :)cheers

Yes, you could use one outlet with the oiler, and one not.

Exactly how you control the pressure on both lines, I'm not certain.

Most of the Machine Mart tools specify a pressure of 90 psi, or thereabouts. If you regulate to that, or my suggested 80, the tanks starts at 120 and falls over a minute or so to the lower pressure. You don't notice this change as the tool always sees the same pressure. Only after the tank drops below your regulated pressure do you see the effect. With an unregulated output the tool starts fast and slows down all the time; this lack of control becomes irritating with some tools, and might render the paint sprayer useless (MIGHT).

The effect of loss of Pressure / Flow with the regulator? The effect is there, but slight. Given that the regulator flows reasonably well, the advantage of control outweighs the 'cost' of regulation.

Might slow the Impact wrench if you are trying to crack wheel nuts from tight.

The saw might stall if doing long cuts in 2mm steel (Chassis).

Die Grinder will run out of steam sooner, mind you, the abrasive bits won't last 5 minutes of use anyway. Well say 10, to cover myself.

I don't know about the air drill.

Also be aware that while the quick release connections look similar to the common PCL units found at Machine Mart, they are not compatable. The screw-in threads are, but not the quick release end. Use the compressor with the Aldi tools, and you will be OK. Buy tools elsewhere and you will find yourself looking for a MM VAT free day so you can buy up to a dozen ends, and a roll or three of PTFE tape.

Cheers

thanks,

so it might be worth getting then, but when i do spot blasting or spraying take the oil pot off (or empty it or somthing?) and just change the whip hose for whatever bit of equiptment im using. as far as im aware you can just plug the filter straigt into the compressor you dont have to wall mount it?

anyway for £20 might just pick one up unless anyone says no.

thanks David sparkes, ansawed all my questions, roll on thursday...:D

Hmm, actually if it is the same as mine, which it looks very very very much so, it's only one regulated output, the other is full vessel pressure :)

ok i will take your word for it i will only be using one line at a time so i should be ok

Hmm, actually if it is the same as mine, which it looks very very very much so, it's only one regulated output, the other is full vessel pressure :)

Don't know why, but for some reason the phrase 'full vessel pressure' makes me snigger :ph34r: