AWDC Howlin' Wolf Round 2

najw

Hi, just wondering whether those with Boggers are using them at round 2, as ive heard theres tight tree's and im not sure whether to run them, even though i 'll never go back to simex for long term.

Keep them on and lower the pressure to 5 psi.................... they work well then :P

if the weather this weekend is anythink to go by crampons and ice axe come to mind :o

remember the petrol station in corwen closes 12:30 sat afternoon and dont open sunday's. the nearest is roughly 10 to 15 miles or more away

kev

if the weather is like that again for this event I am going to a hotel...

I wasn't too keen on freezing in a sleeping bag whilst wearing thermals on that hill. so hotel it is I reckon. bring on the sun.

if the weather this weekend is anythink to go by crampons and ice axe come to mind :o

remember the petrol station in corwen closes 12:30 sat afternoon and dont open sunday's. the nearest is roughly 10 to 15 miles or more away

kev

if the weather is like that again for this event I am going to a hotel...

I wasn't too keen on freezing in a sleeping bag whilst wearing thermals on that hill. so hotel it is I reckon. bring on the sun.

I thought you were all roughty toughty!!!!

Hotel? In Gwydelwern? Gotta be joking!! There's a nice hedge next to the shippon on the site that you can sleep under. Watch out for the sheep rustlers though, they're quite active at the moment.

seriously though, there are a couple of allegedly decent establishments nearby in Corwen itself, especially of the B&B ilk. There is a pub type accomodation in Glyndwyfdwy (try pronouncing that one if your not welsh..) about 5 miles from Corwen towards Llangollen, or there are plenty of places to eat and sleep in Llangollen itself, about 10 miles away.

Good luck to all coming to play, its going to be a good event and fairly spectator friendly as well.

This is Wales, man. We don't have flat bits. :ph34r:

Doesn't everyone know that we all live on the side of a mountain?

Yes, Wern Ddu is a little bit 3 dimensional, but the view from the very top is teriffic.

The bottom of the site is at 190m (637ft) and the top is at 350m (1137ft). The contour lines are very close together, so yes, bring your mountain goats!!!

This is Wales, man. We don't have flat bits. :ph34r:

Doesn't everyone know that we all live on the side of a mountain?

Yes, Wern Ddu is a little bit 3 dimensional, but the view from the very top is teriffic.

The bottom of the site is at 190m (637ft) and the top is at 350m (1137ft). The contour lines are very close together, so yes, bring your mountain goats!!!

The view is definitely worth the climb up. Probably the most scenic site of the year I reckon!

Carl, you can't call Saley that on a forum, its terrible, : :huh:

and I thought you was such a nice lad :rolleyes::rolleyes:

no tents for us boys, its not to far away,

and I like starting the 4.2 Nissan diesel at 05.30 in the Cul-de-Sac on a Sunday morning to warm up,

kinda make's them glad the angle grinder won't be going all day.

whats entry to the site like as I will be driving a 17 ton plant truck to deliver our 2 land rovers ?

its a working farm (well kind of) so the lane is big enougth to fit a wagon down , Neil has emailed every one explaning the best way to get large vehicles on to the site , but if you get stuck turn right at the end of the lane (just before the farm house) and theres a large area at the bottom of the site you could turn around in

roughty toughty - - me... HAHAAHAHAHAHAH... (those were the days)

the older I get the more creature comforts I like, like heating and er.. nice comfy bed.

you coming to this one then Dave?

I thought you were all roughty toughty!!!!

roughty toughty - - me... HAHAAHAHAHAHAH... (those were the days)

the older I get the more creature comforts I like, like heating and er.. nice comfy bed.

you coming to this one then Dave?

Unfortunately not. New engine not yet in the car and I've got the mean streets of Buxton to police this weekend!!