South West Meet

bishbosh

As Steve has moved his East Anglia day to April, how about a meet in the South West for a punch challenge in Jan / Feb?

We did one last year that went down well, and Tony's birthday bash was a great success so how about it?

Unfortunately, I cannot offer to organise this time due to other pressures but it isn't hard to do, so any takers?

BTW, I have our resident Jonathan "I stand up to change the oil" Fearn :ph34r: available to set out punches, which can be as easy or difficult (or both) as we please.

So whaddyathink? :blink:

As Steve has moved his East Anglia day to April, how about a meet in the South West for a punch challenge in Jan / Feb?

We did one last year that went down well, and Tony's birthday bash was a great success so how about it?

Unfortunately, I cannot offer to organise this time due to other pressures but it isn't hard to do, so any takers?

BTW, I have our resident Jonathan "I stand up to change the oil" Fearn :ph34r: available to set out punches, which can be as easy or difficult (or both) as we please.

So whaddyathink? :blink:

will there be a class for novices? if so count me in :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good

dates i suggest it is NOT held on:

29 Jan as CSW event

5 Feb HBRO event

17/18/19 Feb Wales weekend and CSW event

4/5 Mar - Muddy truckers event (although not in the SW but guess likes of Will and Si will be doing this and couldnt make a SW event)

9/8 April Bures event

How about Mar time?

11/12

18/19

25/26

I am happy to help out as required with any running of it if a location can be found.

;) Tim - you are def not a Novice, nice try though.

11/12 Mar sounds good.

So we have a date, any news on venue? HH and Pugwash had a couple of ideas/thoughts on the Exmoor trip, anything forthcoming?

Bish - you bringing it all together??

If its on the Sat, which is good for post fixing and cleaning, it does make setting it up a little harder (eg the Fri!)

Despite my original post it looks like I will be co-ordinating to a certain extent. :angry: I am NOT organising as that introduces insurance and liability issues.

We'll go for the Saturday 11th March. I would personally prefer to try a new venue so if Luvvers or Pugwash have some ideas then let's hear them.

Fruity - can you confirm availabilty for punches etc? I am willing to take the Friday off if you want to set up the day before...?

So far we have (in no particular order):

Bishbosh

JST

TJ101

Pugwash

Will Warne (tentative..... :o )

Dunsterhybrid

White90

SiWhite

Exmoor Beast (yeah right!! Like he's not going to cancel ;):lol::lol::P:P:ph34r: )

Turbocharger

V8 Camel (novice class only :lol: )

Nigel Webber

and I reckon it's about time Dave Lang (landrover598) crossed the boarder too......)

So twelve vehicles so far and looking good.

As far as format goes I think it should be up to the attendees -

Do we want a two car team format?

Do we want a limit on the number of winches in a team?

Do we handicap the points scored based on lockers / winches?

Personal preference is two vehicle teams with no penalties and no winch limit but I don't want people to feel it is going to be competitive - it is you against the terrain that's all IMHO. Small teams just means the vehicles tend to spread out a bit better rather than having four or five cars nose to tail in one corner of the site. That's OK at Seven Sisters but I don't think we'll have a site even a fraction that size!

The floor is open - let's hear your comments. :ph34r: