South West Meet

bishbosh

Bish,

I'd be up for coming along on friday and helping to set up - the joy of long weekends!

As far as format goes, I think the simpler the better. IMHO Tony's bash last year worked very well - the more punches you got, the better, without having to rely on over-complex maths to work out who comes in whichever order, and 'so-and-so beat us by 0.00675 of a point' type debates.

Despite my original post it looks like I will be co-ordinating to a certain extent. :angry: I am NOT organising as that introduces insurance and liability issues.

We'll go for the Saturday 11th March. I would personally prefer to try a new venue so if Luvvers or Pugwash have some ideas then let's hear them.

Fruity - can you confirm availabilty for punches etc? I am willing to take the Friday off if you want to set up the day before...?

So far we have (in no particular order):

Bishbosh

JST

TJ101

Pugwash

Will Warne (tentative..... :o )

Dunsterhybrid

White90

SiWhite

Exmoor Beast (yeah right!! Like he's not going to cancel ;):lol::lol::P:P:ph34r: )

Turbocharger

V8 Camel (novice class only :lol: )

Nigel Webber

and I reckon it's about time Dave Lang (landrover598) crossed the boarder too......)

So twelve vehicles so far and looking good.

As far as format goes I think it should be up to the attendees -

Do we want a two car team format?

Do we want a limit on the number of winches in a team?

Do we handicap the points scored based on lockers / winches?

Personal preference is two vehicle teams with no penalties and no winch limit but I don't want people to feel it is going to be competitive - it is you against the terrain that's all IMHO. Small teams just means the vehicles tend to spread out a bit better rather than having four or five cars nose to tail in one corner of the site. That's OK at Seven Sisters but I don't think we'll have a site even a fraction that size!

The floor is open - let's hear your comments. :ph34r:

Exmoor Cop

Mike dunlop will also be inrested.

I suggest open classes no restrictions. theteams who done the best at the BB 05 did not have evry thing available and the RR/bob(bish)/90(M005) JST/DD covered sections of the site no one else even tried.

Edited by white90

Bish

any developments on this?

Things are moving on steadily. I am in talks with a brand new site and am also lining up a backup in case things don't work out....

The date is going to be the 11th definately.

Will post more when I know more...

Things are moving on steadily. I am in talks with a brand new site and am also lining up a backup in case things don't work out....

The date is going to be the 11th definately.

Will post more when I know more...

Bish,

Be happy to assist where I can on this - Marshalling / Setup etc. I'll see if I can swing the Friday off....

Matt

Welcome aboard Ben!

No age limit, (after all, Lovejoy may be there! :ph34r: ) just a driving licence, road taxed vehicle, common sense and decent recovery points front and rear required.

Oh, and a sense of humour! :lol:

Hopefully I'll have a venue sorted out soon!

Welcome aboard Ben!

No age limit, (after all, Lovejoy may be there! :ph34r: ) just a driving licence, road taxed vehicle, common sense and decent recovery points front and rear required.

Oh, and a sense of humour! :lol:

Hopefully I'll have a venue sorted out soon!

Perhaps it is a silly question... would a Japanese vehicle be welcome too? :) Not that I have one you understand.

Chris

Just to keep this one alive - I am meeting with a site owner on Saturday so hopefully I should be able to confirm a site then.

Pugwash - you made any advances with your investigations?

In the meantime, can we have a roll call please:

1. Bishbosh.

Well, I unfortunately have some bad news to report:

The site I visited at the weekend has a lot of potential but is a little way from being ready.

I had hoped for a reserve site to be offered but nothing has materialised yet.

I am affraid that I am going to have to postpone this event, probably until after Steve's do in April.

I just don't have the time to do all that needs doing in the time available.

Sorry to let you all down.

Fair shout chap,

Better to run a good event later than a p!ss poor one too soon.

I'll hang the punches back up and start polishing my welding mask :blink:

Can you cut the grass in your garden as well - seems like you will have loads of tents/people staying over on the night of the 25th... Sorry about that.

Charles,

Sensible idea mate, what with all the help you have had to fight off. I will be more avilable in late march/april to go and look at some sights/develop existing ones

Can you cut the grass in your garden as well - seems like you will have loads of tents/people staying over on the night of the 25th... Sorry about that.

Not a hope in hell - 5th wedding aniversary and I've used up my brownie points persuading the missus that being at the event of the year after a quick candle lit meal for 2 is an acceptable night out - the constant interuption of 20 odd ORRP'ers later on may well result in Lynsey arranging the cordoning off of the village for the evening :(

So what's wrong with your lawn then???

Not a hope in hell - 5th wedding aniversary and I've used up my brownie points persuading the missus that being at the event of the year after a quick candle lit meal for 2 is an acceptable night out - the constant interuption of 20 odd ORRP'ers later on may well result in Lynsey arranging the cordoning off of the village for the evening :(

So what's wrong with your lawn then???

It's not big enough - run out of space already...

No worries, was only joking - will give Janet East a bell...

Why anyone would worry about 20 ORRPers is a mystery to me.

I will get the band to do a song for you and the missus - Ball and Chain maybe..

Good and bad news i suppose.

Bish, good shout to let people know now, bad news is its postphoned.

good news is i might be able to make the new Date!!!!! :D:D:D:D What sort of time are you thinking?

Offer is still there to give you a hand with whats needed, just let me know.