Red or Blue?

simonr

These have just come back as samples from being anodised. Just wondered what your preference is on red or blue - or another colour. Or are they just too bling for under the bonnet of a Landy?

X-Bling.jpg

In case you've not guessed, they are Billet CNC Machined, anodised fan thermostat adaptors to go in-line with a rad hose. I think they look rather good! Might even fit eleccy fans now! They need to be anodised to stop them going furry - so they might as well look pretty.

Si

Simon are you going to be selling these soon?

Oh and i like the blue one.

Hopefully by the end of next week. Not sure how much yet, depends on the bill from the CNC & anodising shops!

I thought blue too - but today the red has grown on me - hence the question!

Si

Blue or Black (oh there isint a blakc option!)

wont matter as it will be covered in mud soon anyway.

This is a similar design to the ones i got in plastic at stupid price from demon tweeks, work well though, best way to fit a thermo sensor in my opinion.

Why not injection mouled palstic?

I like the red one.......

...... but I like the blue one too.........

........but I've got a gold one under the bonent already! :P (Well it is a Range Rover! :lol::lol: )

Oh, and if it costs more than a bottle of claret then you'll have competition from Bull Bar Cowboy ;):unsure:

Blue or Black (oh there isint a blakc option!)

wont matter as it will be covered in mud soon anyway.

This is a similar design to the ones i got in plastic at stupid price from demon tweeks, work well though, best way to fit a thermo sensor in my opinion.

Why not injection mouled palstic?

I have a black one too - just ruled it out cos it looks like it's made of plastic!

Plastic would work, but you need to be making thousands to make it worthwhile - the moulds & setup is expensive.

How much are the demon-tweaks ones?

Si

How much..................

£70

for the plastic coolant pipe connector, circuit board and sender and some wiring. no relays and carp instr. they were the only people i could find doing them.

if you do these complete i suggest a decent waterproof storage box for the PCB etc, mine in a lunch box.....

How much..................

£70

for the plastic coolant pipe connector, circuit board and sender and some wiring. no relays and carp instr. they were the only people i could find doing them.

if you do these complete i suggest a decent waterproof storage box for the PCB etc, mine in a lunch box.....

I could retire selling tem at £70!

I had figured on £25 for the CNC bit, £30 with a dual fan thermostat (which retails for about £8.20) or £50 for the full wiring kit (waterproof) with a switch to override on and off plus a couple of indicator lights (one for fan running and the other for switched off but should be switched on). It all hangs on the machining costs though! (all including vat)

Si

I'm interested, but i can't decide blue or red :angry::rolleyes:

dual fan as in two stages of cooling? which temperatures does it switch at? I'd only be running one fan on my 200tdi, and have been thinking/looking at varaible output senders, with an adjusting pot in the circuitry. any advice?

I was planning 3 indicators, fan on, fan overidden off, and fan should be on, possibly with a buzzer too. and a switch for on off and thermostat controlled.

Ta

Luke

If I fitted one it would need to be blue.To be in keeping with my turbo hoses!!!

Incidently when Kenlowe first came on the market in the very early 1960's they used that method for the fan switch.

Why they changed to the silly thing they use now I din't know.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!!