Spot lights/driving lights

pux

Hi guy's well i have gone and bought me self another Landy :ph34r: so just trying to make some suttle mods and i am looking for some spot lights to mount up front. I really like Lightforce or roolite but i cannot justify spending that money :( so is there another light thats just as good but a little less money hopefully under £100.

So any suggestions and links gratefully received :lol: :lol:

Hi guy's well i have gone and bought me self another Landy :ph34r: so just trying to make some suttle mods and i am looking for some spot lights to mount up front. I really like Lightforce or roolite but i cannot justify spending that money :( so is there another light thats just as good but a little less money hopefully under £100.

So any suggestions and links gratefully received :lol::lol:

Welcome back to the fold Martin. It didn't take long for you to see the errors of your ways ;)

Welcome back to the fold Martin. It didn't take long for you to see the errors of your ways ;)
lol like my Wife said yesterday you can tell you have another Landy you don't just grunt at me any more :unsure: i will get some pics up when i pick her up on monday ;)

And cheers so far guy's for the imput.

lol like my Wife said yesterday you can tell you have another Landy you don't just grunt at me any more :unsure: i will get some pics up when i pick her up on monday ;)

And cheers so far guy's for the imput.

Yep, welcome back to where your meant to be, :i-m_so_happy: & to Mrs Pux, see he'll be much happier with a LR :rofl:

I have KC daylighters and Hella's plus 100/80 H4 headlight bulbs on my RRC. Try Ebay for used Hella's/Cibie's and other lights.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...o%3D2&fgtp=

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...p=32&fsoo=2

I've rallied with Cibie oscars and KC daylighters with good results.

There were some roolite’s on my land rover when I got it 2 weeks ago, I though they were cheep plastic carp so they came off when I took the bull bar off!, however having seen the price of them I am glad I never took the hammer to them, lol

Did have a bit of a read up on them so I may refit them, but the standard LR lights are more then enough for people without night blindness & correctly set lights. ;)

I've had Light force and ther very good even if that do look a little flimsy, my daily driver has two IPF's on it for years and also very good but for all out long lasting the fairly good for power is the old faithful KC Daylights I had mine for about ten years and as there sealed beam you never have to worry about water or mud just check the casings don't fill up with muddy water the when it freezes it cracks the lenses (there only £16 to replace)

I sold mine on Ebay for £40 still looked like new even at ten years old.

I like the 8" britax lights They're around £25 each come part wired and have rubber sealing in the joints.... Much and such the same as Hellas but cheaper......

Instead of getting 100W or 130W bulbs from your local motor factor or halfords etc go to Home Base and get the same things at 10% of the price..... about £1.50 - £2 for a pack of two....!

The 4 on the top are Britax....

post-4890-1223914675_thumb.jpg

As are these two....

post-4890-1223915202_thumb.jpg

Running Cibie Tirini Appollos(4 on roof) but there about £100 each lamp and have yet to find a match but at that price not really what your looking for they are also getting harder to buy new.

_MG_7573.jpg

The Hella 1000s on bumper work well for most applications in give extra light where headlamps don't, I tried Wipac 8" with HID bulbs and went back to the Hella's. I may replace Hella's with Biosupper Oscas (Duel Filement) to give both Fog and Driving Lamp.