Fitting a tdi in my TD 90

Does anyone know of a place that could fit a TDI into my 90 if supplied them with all the parts they needed. Not sure if my local garages would be up to the job.

Cheers Ben.

Hi Ben, I have just had a 200 TDi fitted to my '89 1100 TD by the guys

here http://www.landroversuk.co.uk/ and would not hesitate to recommend them!

They did a FABULOUS job, I am well pleased, my Landie is transformed and I only wish

I had had it done years ago! (I travelled from Cheshire!)

Contact Andy or Stuart, these guys know their stuff!

Cheers

Gary

Hi Ben, I have just had a 200 TDi fitted to my '89 1100 TD by the guys

here http://www.landroversuk.co.uk/ and would not hesitate to recommend them!

They did a FABULOUS job, I am well pleased, my Landie is transformed and I only wish

I had had it done years ago! (I travelled from Cheshire!)

Contact Andy or Stuart, these guys know their stuff!

Cheers

Gary

I concur with this statement, wholly reccommend Andy & Stuart at LandroversUK, successful transplant on my knackered 110 2.5TD with a spanking 200Tdi from a Disco, no problems when little things were noticed after the work was carried out, took straight back and sorted there and then. no hanging around.

Again on the plus side you get new clutch, timing belt, new hoses, bespoke downpipe, remarkable transformation on my 110

Chris

They advertise on Ebay at £2k plus Vat for a 200 or 300 tdi fitted.

Simon

:o thats a lot of money ,try cw felthams in kilve im sure they wouldn't be that much ,i supplied them with a defender engine for my td a couple of years ago and it cost £500 for them to put it in

their number is 01278 741372

hope this helps

if i were you id do it your self, its not hard, the engine itself can be swapped in a day and then its just piping and plumbing, but a disco engine off ebay and buy the conversion kit off ebay (sellers name is debrad), only awkward thing i came across was the pipe to the turbo from the air box!

Tim.

£2k plus vat!!!!! Hell, it's not even cost a grand in parts for the one i am in the middle of doing.

Save yourself a fortune - read the tech archive article about the change over, and DIY. Much more fun and a good learning experience (plus it gets you away from SWMBO for a few hours at a time)

If you are buying everything bolt-on, such as downpipe, rad hoses, etc, then it's a bolt-on job. Get the old engine ready to lift out and the new one ready to lift in, hire a crane for 1/2 day and it'll be done in plenty of time. Apart from a few fiddly bits - it's all nuts anf bolts.

Two Grand - jeeez

I only charge £20

(that was a joke by the way)

Les.

If it was all bits supplied and ready to fit, then I reckon I might be able to do it in a day - wouldn't like to guarantee it though. First time I did it (which is the one in the archive), it took me 4-days to do.

It takes two now, having done it 6-times so far. But then I make my own downpipe etc.

I reckon the 200TDi conversion on an old N/A, TD, etc might put a couple of grand on the value of your truck. Paying out that much to have it done kind-of cancels it out.

Les.

sheppy,

Having done mine myself, using les's advice! The main tools you need are time and paitence!! Plus if you ever waited to have the money, surley you would never do anything!?!?!

I spent more than i thought i would, and the total was £700 all in.

What i am trying to say is

Go for it, doubling the horse power is worth it :rolleyes:

For some strange reason, insurance companies don't tend to differentiate between the two engines and from what I've heard - the policy is pretty-much the same price. Considering that the difference is 87bhp against 115bhp, you would think it would be quite a bit more. You can always phone them in advance of doing the conversion and ask if there will be any difference in the cost of the policy.

Les.