AWDC Challenger 4x4 Championship 2009

najw

At last a championship which caters for differant standards of vehicle AND team members, I have some experiance with challenge events but the driver who I will be competing with isn't experianced in this type of event at all. Will we be in the novice class?

Class 2: One winch, no traction aids of any type. Vehicles must display a valid Road Tax Disc

If the ARB is disconnected and the pipe "sealed" by the scrutineer, is that OK for Class 2

(i'm rebuilding my Disco and may have a rear ARB... but with a slow winch and small tyres, I dont see myself going to class1)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone knows of any novice events planned or happening in the North of England at all in 2009 do they? I.e Leeds furthest South up to the Scottish borders.

I want to enter some to learn as a novice but as others mention above there is nothing in-between doing the full on experienced events and I don't want to smash my truck up by making expensive mistakes as I learn.

Cheers

Simon

Hi all,

Dates & venues now confirmed & booked!! :rolleyes:

Round 1... Hogmoor, Bordon March 22nd.

Round 2... Slab common, Bordon May 3rd.

Round 3... Tixover, Northants June 21st.

Round 4... Slindon, W Sussex August 9th.

Round 5... West Harptree, Bath September 13th.

Round 6... Coney green farm, Worcs October 25th.

We have had a huge response to this & 10 paid applications for the whole series already :o so get your completed forms in soon to avoid missing a place.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Paul

What class would I be in? Competed lots of times - but usually come last!

I'll drop you a line - my friend Graham was keen to take part. If I can persuade him to use his truck (which is slightly more road legal (and finished)) we'll be there!

The only negative to using Grahams truck is that I'll have to do the running :( .

Si

Steve What a pit crew your going to get this year ;) Glad Spectators are welcome ! And you better look after our Adee dude, oh that might be the other way round :lol: think he needs to look after you. And we will bring the spares mate ! like change of coths and towels :lol: I hear you have a new snorkal set up this year ! is this true steve ?

• 3 weeks later...
I've hopefully got a new novice co-driver, so I should be booking for all 6 events soon.

As for the spares, steve and I will hopefully be bringing a coach load (if we get out fingers out and get the coach usable)

Is that me or have I been replaced???? :unsure::blink: