MogLite Update

MogLite

Don't you mean "Portal axles are banned because we can't handle progress and they smell of wee" like some other event organisers :lol:

nah

just going to add a limbo section at the start of the event. say 6 foot limbo bar. to start the event you have to go under the bar without knocking it off. Only tyres carried ON the vehicle when passing under the bar can be used on the event.

:)

So if Moglite uses space savers he must use them for the whole event unless he carries the 44" tyres underthe bar on the vehicle Then he could change them But he would have to have the space savers on the vehicle for the rest of the event.

To finish the event they would again have to travel under the limbo bar.

There playing field levelled :)

There playing field levelled :)

Or he could just deflate the tyres... ;)

Or... He could fit an extra CV and steering klnuckle to all four wheels - the line of the pivot being in the fore-aft direction - then he could just tilt the wheels out or in at the top/bottom and reduce their effective height - kind of like one of those wheelchairs they use for sports events.

Hmm I kinda like that idea - lots of possibilities, most of the useless...

Al. :P

Thanks for all the very kind comments - I'm certainly very chuffed with the way its shaping up.

To answer some of the questions

Big tyres are a way off yet, I've got quite a bit of work to do reversing the rims before powdercoat. I'll be happy to shake it down on the 37's

Geoff - can you have one ? Of course, as long as you pay my monthly invoices at £50 an hour for build time. Time spent colour keying and parts chasing on eBay I'll invoice at £25 an hour - fair enough :lol:

Diesel Jim - yeah the drag link on the front is all wrong :angry: bolting it above the steering arm will help, but it needs a touch of oxy to refine the angles. That will get it a lot higher. Its binding at the moment, so it will have to get sorted. Its a modified sumo bar, so it should take a knock or two.

V8Camel - Paul, the overall height is similar/lower than my Ibex as there is no seatbox to speak of. I should have measured it - doh. I need to get it weighed when its got all the fluids and panels sorted out.

Limbo sections - no problem I can pull the springs out in a few minutes - thats how I got it out of the garage :P

Astro_al - engine running in march, trundling around in April is my approx time line. But if it slips - I don't care.

Bish - the front approach angle is not quite 90degrees, but the winch bumper is 750mm off the ground, so I'm not expecting too many problems. That is as far back as the winch will go without moving the steering box.

Les - get it dirty - hmmm not until I've finished painting it at least - washing mud off of red-oxide is a PITA :lol:

Exhaust was done today, so I can now mount the oil coolers, and start wiring and piping all the relevant lines before the engine start. But I'm gonna have a break for a few days. A lot of hard work shifting and winching it around, next time it comes out of the garage, it will be driving :)

Thanks again

Guest diesel_jim

Does look bloody good Andy... in all the time you've done that, i've managed to get that old rangie rear axle casing that you gave me shot blasted and painted in black hammerite!

Although i did build my 90 in 2000! LOL!

Geoff - can you have one ? Of course, as long as you pay my monthly invoices at £50 an hour for build time. Time spent colour keying and parts chasing on eBay I'll invoice at £25 an hour - fair enough :lol:

Better offer than I was expecting - thought I'd get "Build your own bleedin' truck!" B)

'Fraid if I had that much money I'd have my own workshop and toys (though I very much doubt the end result would be even close to the same class).

hmmmm colour, is that zetor orange :o

It was supposed to be Tangiers G4 orange, which going all Laura Ashley is more of a blood orange colour.

However the new tin that the paint factors mixed up by matching the old tin, is a much brighter orange - which is good IMHO. I think there is a colour called emergency orange, which they paint lifeboats with - that is an orange , and mine is pretty close :D

Keep the compliments coming - I'm loving it B)

It was supposed to be Tangiers G4 orange, which going all Laura Ashley is more of a blood orange colour.

However the new tin that the paint factors mixed up by matching the old tin, is a much brighter orange - which is good IMHO. I think there is a colour called emergency orange, which they paint lifeboats with - that is an orange , and mine is pretty close :D

Keep the compliments coming - I'm loving it B)

are you putting side steps on it so that Ali Read can climb in?