Howlin' Wolf Rnd 2

najw

Well, I hope you all enjoyed our 'different' take on Kirton and alleviated your fears.

Results are now posted

HERE

Also you will find the Point Hits table as I am sure you will all be interested.

Well done to Rob and Jamie for their win and clean sweep - quite what we do to slow you down now I'm not sure :P

Hope you all had a safe trip home.

Opp's didn't do to well there then, broken rear diff, and a pair of QT radius arms bent in three diffent directions,

so took the sensible option and was on the trailer before 12.30hrs

Well done, hate rocks, I think I prefer the water.

Thanks to the Boss, Neil the marshalls and all involved.

Broken Boothy

Another good selection of punches thanks to all. Bit of a surprise position as we snapped a ball joint of and struggled with the steering again. New box next i think as thats all thats left! Boothy you make me laugh you even had a 50 penalty!

well thats the best I have seen Kirton, all punches were do-able if you have a vehicle that could stay in one piece. Well done AWDC team.

Glynn driving has got better now that he listens a tad more, but its never a dull moment with him :lol: just need to sort out that birds nest of wire and pipes going through the vehicle to make it (hopefully) more reliable. Saley - -can you give him a Haynes manual on his truck please mate - with the colour picture. :lol:

Well, I hope you all enjoyed our 'different' take on Kirton and alleviated your fears.

Results are now posted

HERE

Also you will find the Point Hits table as I am sure you will all be interested.

Well done to Rob and Jamie for their win and clean sweep - quite what we do to slow you down now I'm not sure :P

Hope you all had a safe trip home.

John Fair 3rd !!!!!!

I think you have been watching TV , You have been watching that David Bowyer Off-Road Driving and Winching Techniques DVD

i sent you , or was it those highly tuned Bowmotors i did for you that pulled you along to 3rd

im shure i wont hear the last of this one 3rd !!!!!!!

GWYN LEWIS

Had a great weekend,

Interesting site and my first visit there,

Moment of the day, set the rear winch up on the ground anchor, got just over the edge, lowering nicely, anchor went in a bit further, hit a rock, bent the tip of the blade and let go, Tony not has a clinch ridge in the 90 seat :o

We had to be a bit selective with punches given that Tony drove the 90 to the event,

had to last all day and drive it a least 5 hours back home again,

probebley the only truck not to be trailored,

minutes after finishing he was off to the jet wash, clean it off, back to the site, check all the running gear, brake lines etc to ensure as far as possible everything was ok to go on the road, , before breaking down the tent etc, swapping the Simex off and fitting the Muds for the trip home, and then of for that 5 hours trip.....fair play to the man ;)

thats Dedication for you...plain daft some might say :lol:

Thanks to Neil, Carol and all the Marshalls of course,

Nice to catch up with "some" of you again :lol::lol:

Neil, Simon, Carol, Andy and team thank you for a cracking event, excellent use of the ground there. Had a great day out.

i am glad it was soo dry giving plenty of traction. the little truck drove a hell of a lot more than i expected on the inclines for a 1.6, tyres worked well with those rocks too, back to Fedimas for the next round and the mud though (i hope!)

Dan - we just ran around alot in the last hour!

we were dreading this event especially after last years attempt but it all turned out good in the end

the punch that i ended up upside down didnt do my heart rate any good though but the things you do to test the welding on your cage and im pleased to inform that the welding passed

but seriously a fab weekend we had no end of probs i think the roll was the start of it then the rear spring kept coming out and wouldnt relocate so after every punch we had to high lift the arse end up and pop it back in, then to top it off at 2.30 we ripped a rear brake hose so ended up doing last 3 punches with no brakes (not fun) especially lowering your self down a big hill on the anchor then guess what it pulled out and i was rolling down to the big lake, that too raised my heart rate a bit

but all in all well pleased well organised and even better we stayed quite dry

thanks every one see you at round 3

Nobby

What a site! :)

Great weekend, a few things to keep me busy in the workshop before the next round. On Both tow vehicle and the challenge vehicle :D B)

A Big Thanks to Boothy for letting me borrow his nice shiney new spare wheel! after I had two punctures! :huh:

And A big thanks to neil and every one involved in the event.

Looking Forward to round 3!

Dan

P.s. Any one wind a strop with a yellow hoop one end and a hook the other :( It got lost at some point!

John Fair 3rd !!!!!!

I think you have been watching TV , You have been watching that David Bowyer Off-Road Driving and Winching Techniques DVD

i sent you , or was it those highly tuned Bowmotors i did for you that pulled you along to 3rd

im shure i wont hear the last of this one 3rd !!!!!!!

GWYN LEWIS

Get back in your workshop! We need more steering and rope spooling lessons were coming along fine for Rob as he only said its not my rope once this time out but a quick zap on the electric dog collar shut him up! Best thing ive bought off you! Nobby you were on a roll all day when we saw you but it looked like you were having fun.

Great day guys, never been to Kirton before... but I must say it is a great site, and very much looking forward to the XTC there in a couple of weeks.

We had no problems at all, well, apart from a bent track rod (those rocks are a bitch!) but it didn't slow us down at all...

Cheers.

Rob

What a site! We had an OK day - better than round one, though! Damage to the truck didn't seem too bad - the chassis took a bit of a pounding, killed the rear trailing arm bushes (which then resulted in a dead spring) but the biggest issue was 2 punctures. Thanks to Twiggy for the loan of a tyre to get us through the rest of the day :D . The thing the really caused us problems was one of the punches. I can't remember the number but it was through a mud filled ditch, climb hard right out of the ditch, over a mount and then up a slope. It wasn't that difficult however neither our pins nor the ground anchor would hold which resulted in a lot of ploughing. When Rob turned up in Mitsimog and yanked us out (cheers for that) we returned the favour and acted as anchor - he was through in a matter of minutes.

Oh, and the damage didn't end at 3.45 - going past Donnington the layshaft let go on Dan's tow car so the rest of the journey was done in 4th gear....

We had a great day, thanks to Neil, Carol and all who set up and took down. Thanks most of all to James who went home torn to pieces by the merciless hawthorn which grows on the site.

So come on, whos got all the photos then?

When Rob turned up in Mitsimog and yanked us out (cheers for that) we returned the favour and acted as anchor - he was through in a matter of minutes.

Will, doesn't that constitute assistance beyond recovery, or is teaming up allowed?

Steve

Enjoyed the event after a slow start, bluddy long way :)

unsure what the penalty was for no one spoke to us? Unless it was for coming to another competitors aid as he

was about to roll into one of the Lakes.

Got home at 0200am after stopping for a a sleep at Strensham for an hr.

limited damage but a bit to repair none the less.

bit of rear x member repair work required and a new linkage for the Underdrive as that snapped.

Harsh rocks on the poor old Chassis :(

After cleaning and checking it we left the site around 1745ish.

Val took some pics that I'll sort in a bit.