Oops this could have been a disaster........

kkk2

My word. Thank god for the steel bulkhead and windscreen frame is all I can say.

Given that the above is the only built-in rollover protection in a standard Defender, and all else there is are some thin aluminium panels, a roll cage is definitely worth it's weight in gold. Shame they cost so damn much :(

I am impressed by how well the tinfoil roof and sides stood up to what looks like a complete roll over?

On the topic of roll cages, how much would you pay for your life or your loved ones lives? Even if you don't off road aggressively, a swerve on road can result in far worse than a gentle roll over. In my opinion defenders should come out of the factory with at least a B hoop and stays.

i bought my 90 'post roll' and put it back on the road.

First thing i did before putting the new roof on was to fit a nice SD internal hoop. Not the strongest thing in the world, the back stays only go to the tub sides - however the main uprights of the hoop go to plates welded to the chassis. Might fold backwards in a very very forceful high speed roll on the motorway, but will still offer some protection. It'll save my skin in most situations, and thats all that matters.

best money i ever spent, just for the piece of mind.