Quick release bucket seats

mad_pete

Bucket seats in a 90. Battery is under the passenger seat. Can you get save and legal quick release bolts to hole said seat in ? THe seats catch so I can't slide them off their rails. I have 4 bolts with captive nuts that aren't as captive as I'd like and I it's handy to show the battery is secure etc etc at speed without have to unbolt everything.

Bucket seats in a 90. Battery is under the passenger seat. Can you get save and legal quick release bolts to hole said seat in ? THe seats catch so I can't slide them off their rails. I have 4 bolts with captive nuts that aren't as captive as I'd like and I it's handy to show the battery is secure etc etc at speed without have to unbolt everything.

Hi bud have you thought about the quick release mechanism on a bicycle like what they use on the seat or the wheels the twist and lock down mechanism this would work fine.

Surely you just need a peg and cross-pin or similar. If you're worried about safety, demonstrate that the cross-sectional area is greater than the threaded portion of the M8 nut that holds a standard seat in and you're laughing?

Anti-luce catches (a la tailgate)?

How about a hinge on one side and a padlocked gate latch?

Put the whole seat on a twist-lock pedestal with a big spring under it, so it can double as an ejector seat?

how about you secuely bolt down the seats then cut the side of the seat box out , and reafix an acsess panal with some form of quick relase bolts to show scruterneering that the bats are secure

i made some subframes fro mine and just bolted them down in the original positions , can remove it in around 5 mins

how about you secuely bolt down the seats then cut the side of the seat box out , and reafix an acsess panal with some form of quick relase bolts to show scruterneering that the bats are secure

i made some subframes fro mine and just bolted them down in the original positions , can remove it in around 5 mins

This is how I access my tool box, it could just as easily open to show the battery fixings and cable connections to the scrutineers?

Marc.

Long ago, in my Series 2, I needed to access the fuel tank under the seat - but also wanted to add comfy seats (from a Volvo). I used the mechanism from a Peugeot 205 which allowed the seat to tip forward, but in the process also lifted it so the seat base moved towards the footwell with the seat back against the steering wheel.

Worked pretty well - and should satisfy the scrutineers. Gave loads of space for filling the tank / ans accessing the tool kit on the passenger side.

Si