Defender Door Hinges

I'm looking for some new door hinges for my 90. Which ones are the best? I read that later ones have washers between the two halves that can help stop rust bleed. The only ones i can find that look like that are from DLS on e-bay for about £60 quid. Has any one bought them and are they any good? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks, Mat. Also can you get stainless steel pins for the air vent hinges?

If your feeling particularly rich, or have recently won the lottery....you could always go for the uber-bling aliminium hinges from Croytec. They only cost £325 for a two door set :blink:

CROYTEC

I am feeling particularly poor :( after I got the whole set from C:ROY.TEC.. Very satisfied. And mine were idionised to black to mach my defender. Truck looks much newer.....£625... ;) Now just soup and cheap meat for the rest of the year.... :unsure:

If your feeling particularly rich, or have recently won the lottery....you could always go for the uber-bling aliminium hinges from Croytec. They only cost £325 for a two door set :blink:

CROYTEC

That is ridiculous I think that two hinges made up by an engineer in stainless or ali would cost less than that! :o in fact I may take a standard hinge to a couple of engineers and see what sort of price they make them up for! mmmm this could be the beginning of something :rolleyes:

Sorry Dan, I think you made a typo there.....you accidentally typed £625! Right

I really cant afford that right now, indeed I cant even afford the £325 :(; but I know that Croytec make some very good stuff, so I reckon they will be brilliant bits of kit. :)

:unsure: Do call John at Croytec and the price I quoted was VERY right!! 8 sets of hinges with screws following it!! ;)

I bought them before!! YEs they are good but needs good treatment to withstand the salt,poos,wees and stone debris. Mine looks like mud colour at the moment!!

They're like a work of art. Don't bother fitting them, just hang them above the fireplace! :)

Matt you bet. I'll hang it up and watch it all day long. They have the grey ones but I thought they were gonna be too bling så I ordered for a Java Black. It is worth it mate. Sometimes people count coins too much ,... :ph34r: I'll get my coat...

• 7 years later...