STOLEN: land rover 90 defender 300tdi N586 CES

jacks906

well police bit all sort now bloke arrested but cant prove he was the one who stole it so can only be done for handling stolen goods (dont no what that gets him, slap on the wrist or jail)

this is what is left of my once pride and joy

have to see now what the police finish off with and insurance come back with

sad ending to the story :(

dave

I hope he gets all he deserves, the ad on tealeafBay says it all , lying, thieving scrote :rtfm: .

Dave , it must be really frustrating for you , to see it torn down and to know your premiums will still be higher than they should be when the said scrote has done his time ....

Good result to find anything though, lets hope the CPS do the job

cheers

Steveb

i think thats what they are investigating they already had IP address, address, etc a few hours after reporting it with the police so will have to see going get updated tomorrow

they phoned me today 12-1ish to say they were there he was under arrest etc and phoned me at 6ish this evening to say whats happened threw out the day so have really go to town on him luckally :)

Since he hadn't sold any other lr bits I wonder what happened to them?

thats what i wondered but i thinks he's probably sold the other bits under different names on ebay or private just have to see what the police have found or not found they said there was alot of stuff there so dont know what they have got/not got

It was a shock to see your 90 looking like that Dave :( It makes you wonder if thieves like these keep tabs of posts on here, photos, reg numbers, locations, activities, detailed spec of wagons etc etc. I doubt whether he will go to prison unless he has got previous history along with firm evidence that he was either involved in stealing your 90 or knowingly handled stolen goods. The threshold from community service to jail seems to be ever widening which completely erodes any deterrent for thieving behaviour like this.

At least it is found and the Police are acting on it. Maybe he should be dismembered like you Land Rover has been. :angry:

And the git had the nerve to say on his ad:

SELLING DUE TO ALL OTHER PARTS BEING STOLEN OUT OF MY YARD WHILST I WAS ON HOLIDAY GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED RING FOR DETAILS
:blink::angry:

well police bit all sort now bloke arrested but cant prove he was the one who stole it so can only be done for handling stolen goods (dont no what that gets him, slap on the wrist or jail)

this is what is left of my once pride and joy

have to see now what the police finish off with and insurance come back with

sad ending to the story :(

dave

What a bummer, how can he say its because bits had been stolen from it whilst he was on holiday when he nicked it? Ours was stolen from our drive whilst we were on holiday-it was one of 5 local ones taken on the same night,I'd just put a new galvanised chassis on it so I know how you feel. We never heard anything about ours & I always look to see If I can see it (or some very unique bits of it) at every Landrover event we go to. I hope the insurance are as good as ours were & you soon get another one-dont let this put you off, there's nothing compares to owning a Landy!

About time parliament passed an act allowing the beheading of thieves and those who handle stolen goods. Their heads could be placed on posts outside their victims premises "pour encourager les autres "

There's a lot to be said for Amazonian tribesmen ...

Mo

About time parliament passed an act allowing the beheading of thieves and those who handle stolen goods. Their heads could be placed on posts outside their victims premises "pour encourager les autres "

There's a lot to be said for Amazonian tribesmen ...

Mo

In Romania there was a guy that used to put a lot more than a thieves head on a post. I think it was called impaling :o

Joking aside, it is pretty tragic that the victim always ends up out of pocket. My personal belief is that community service should be low paid employment that generates an income, such as fruit picking or sweeping the streets. That small income should then be paid in full to their victim until the full sum has been repaid.

I got some of my best ideas from dear Vlad :) How is he Paul ?

Mo

His reputation lives on on :)

There is a lot to be said for village life where everyone knows each other. The shame factor alone of being caught thieving keeps crime right down compared to what is seen these days in the west.

Just re-reading the chap's ebay listing, and states:

"SELLING DUE TO ALL OTHER PARTS BEING STOLEN OUT OF MY YARD WHILST I WAS ON HOLIDAY GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED RING FOR DETAILS"

He's taken the shots in an industrial unit, not a yard, so mmmmmm, lots of pork piesme thinks.

I do hope the police and justice system deal with him using the old black cloth!

very sorry to hear about your truck and do hope they manage to fully prosecute the individual or group behind it some thing really needs to be done about this as i work on a farm in oxford we had 3 90's stolen in one night along our jcb telihandler they were all parked less then 30ft from my house on the yard with just a tin shed between my house and them they also tried to take are big 300horse john deere tractor but cudnt move it due to it being fitted with a pedal lock the police then sent out community supports and we didnt hear anything for like a 4weeks so the farm bought another 3 and new handler while they were waiting for the insurance to go through 3 months later we were told 2 of them were found and the jcb was there aswell and that they had been found before we bought the new ones !!!!!!! thats a big lack of communication dont you think

but every nite i go to bed and hope my disco is still there in the morn they were very organised everything whent off the yard and acroos a WAIT for it PUPLIC foot path and down to wagon and gone as they found all the tyer prints where they were loaded