Fekkin Paddocks!!!

Mark

I order what is advertised as an OE kit:

Valeo Clutch Kit

To me that reads like it is a valeo kit, and that all parts included are of an OE quality...

Not so.

The friction plate and cover are shrinkwrapped together as they came from the valeo factory.

Squashed into the corner of the box is a Britpart release bearing!!!

Having spent out on a OE clutch plate, why F*** would I use a **itpart Release bearing????

I have given paddocks the opportunity to rectify the issue, but their response is 'we don't sell any others, so what do you expect me to do about it'

Now I have to find a decent release bearing before tomorrow.

Not happy? I am fuming. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you have to use paddocks, get a clear and full description of everything you order, because they are not interested in supplying decent parts, they are only interested in taking your money.

I agree completely, they are a terrible company, truely dreadful...unfortunately they are very very cheap!

I too just got a release bearing from them...also britpart, i only wanted the collar so thinking of using my old bearing and discarding the new one! definately shouldn't need to do that just because britpart have no idea how to make stuff!

Actually, they are not that cheap... I have used Bearmach for all the other bits I needed, and got excellent service from them, but they couldn't do me a clutch kit in time... Paddocks were at least £10 dearer, and they fooked it up!

I have had similar experiences with Paddocks, make sure you definatly know whom the parts are manufactured by before you order them.

As regards a replacment part, I've just got an Ali housing and bearing from the chap at rakway, really helpfull too.

I'd give him a ring, I'm sure he'd get something to you asap.

+44 01538 750500

http://www.rakeway.com/

I have never bought from paddocks, and from what i hear i never will. I do think it is a shame that bearmach dont sell straight to the public. My local independant only seems to sell britpart, so i rarely go there for parts as getting anything non britpart always seems to result in some kind of argument! (we wouldnt sell britpart ourselves if we didnt think it was any good.................)

Rakeway would be my first choice, but given the time constraints, my local LR main dealer has one with my name on it for collection at lunchtime.

I just wish Paddocks were clear about what they were supplying! Had it said the release bearing was not genuine, I would have been able to sort it out yesterday, in plenty of time!

I've been using britcar for all my bits recently.

Duncan seems like a spot on bloke, and even though i've had a few problems they've been sorted out quickly.

First problem was i ordered a pair of genuine TD5 style upper swivel pins, which turned out to be on back order at landrover, after chatting on the phone i decided to go for the pattern ones, but when they arrived (britpart) i was unhappy with the quality, the bearings werent even stamped with a manufacturers name, so i sent them back and ordered a pair of Timkin upper bearings and britpart upper pins. Unfortunately the britpart pins didnt actually fit the hole in the timken bearings, so those pins went back too and he sorted me out with a pair of bearmach ones which went together perfectly.

I'm sure had i categorically stated i didnt want britpart stuff at the beginning, i wouldnt have had a problem, and they also have a much bigger range of parts than paddocks, and its all on their website, with nice clear options to select pattern, OEM or genuine parts.

I order what is advertised as an OE kit:

Valeo Clutch Kit

To me that reads like it is a valeo kit, and that all parts included are of an OE quality...

Not so.

I have given paddocks the opportunity to rectify the issue, but their response is 'we don't sell any others, so what do you expect me to do about it'

Not happy? I am fuming. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you have to use paddocks, get a clear and full description of everything you order, because they are not interested in supplying decent parts, they are only interested in taking your money.

Mark,

this is a clear case of false advertisement. They should be reported to a Better Business Bureau or Fair Trade Office. The least that they can do is change their advertisements to read correctly the products that they are selling.

Any wonder I stopped buying from them over 10 years ago. Horrible service! :angry:

Good Luck with them and Sh!tparts.

Todd.

I stopped dealing with Paddocks after they had their trained Monkey leave

and replace it with a couple of complete retards, who say one thing, and

most likley do another

IMHO, Paddocks is to 'Good Service' what 'Roy Chubby Brown' is to Marriage Guidance Councelling

Nige

The only things I buy from Paddocks are brake friction parts. They seem to do decent (Mintex) branded stuff quite cheaply for some reason. Despatch/delivery has always been quick too. Would agree they are far too prone to Britpart substitution though :(

If you need a second pair of hands in the evening today or tomorrow for anything Mark then let me know :)

James, Might take you up on that....

Bowie, No, that's true, but I would have gone through several gearboxes by now if my past record with autos is anything to go by!

I may have said this before but....

"If it turns, seals or is safety critical - buy genuine" And I mean Genuine from a main dealer, not 'it's genuine OE quality guv' from a parts supplier.

OK, they are expensive up front - but quite good value based on the time they last.

I bought a seatbelt made by one of the big suppliers of carp parts at Billing for an MOT the next day. About six months later I noticed that although the spring was fine - the locking mechanism, didn't any more! Glad I noticed before it was needed! I should have listened to my own advice!

Si