Fekkin Paddocks!!!

Mark

I too have had a bad experience with Paddocks. I purchased a S3 recon gearbox from them a few years ago. Once fitted I took the vehicle for a spin only to find out on my return that all the oil had poured out of the defective seal in the front cover plate. They sent me a new cover plate and gasket but would not compensate me for the new clutch friction plate covered in ep90 or the time and inconvenience of removing the gearbox again. :angry:

Haven't used them since.

After getting fed up with Paddocks, Craddocks, and getting f***ed right off by LRSeries without managing to buy anything from them I can heartily recommend Britcar, they tell you who actually makes everything they sell and are ruddy good chaps to deal with. Frankly I don't care how their prices compare because they do what they say they will and send the bits you need when you need them.

I (mostly) use my local independants. They do some work for me, but know I do a lot of my own. I phone them, tell them what I'm after, they call me back with a price and I collect it the next day.

I specify "not Sh*tpart" and they oblige :)

The extra few £'s it cost me is worth it because I save on postage, if the parts are wrong I take them back, if they are not needed I take them back, and if they fail within 12 months I take them back, and I save on postage :) Also the advice I get, and the chat/banter I have when I go in makes it worthwile.

Price is VERY important to me at the moment. Recently I paid £2 more for bushes from tehm, but £6 less on the steering damper in teh same order. Also if I took the shocks of and they were shot they'd take the bushes back and credit me towards the shocks...well worth it.

Saying that, I recently bought OEM springs from Island4x4 to find Sh*tpart on my doorstep. Took me nearly 4 weeks to get a refund :angry:

If it is mis-advertised then you are entitled to a FULL refund including return postage.

We mainly use our local (Landranger services in stockport)...yes maybe a little more money some times, but when i need a favour (i.e. testbook plugging in to reset something) i'm yet to be charged ;)

G

Guest noggy

Stop slating paddocks, ive found them very helpful and nice chaps to deal with, but i guess thats because i always go to the trade counter in person, and i can physically check what im gettin there and then...

Stop slating paddocks, ive found them very helpful and nice chaps to deal with, but i guess thats because i always go to the trade counter in person, and i can physically check what im gettin there and then...

In those circumstances you are bound to have more control over what they are giving you, parts supply via mail order is a totally different scenario :rolleyes:

I have bought a few things from Padocks but i would NEVER buy safety things such as steering components although there brake friction is Mintex and these seem to be OK.

If you are careful what you buy from them you can get some really good deals. I needed a 300 tdi head and at the time they were much cheaper than anywhere else.

I did however make the mistake of buying a PAS pump for a 300 tdi and after i had 3 that failed in no time at all, they eventually gave me a full refund including the postage!! It did however take approx 3 weeks and several phone calls before it was credited to my card.

4x4store Exeter are now Bearmach main agents, they've always been good to me although I normally go in person to the counter, the stuff I've had by mail order when I was living elsewhere has been spot on and delivered quickly.

Don't think they do any Britpart stuff any more if you want to stay clear of that!

I've bought £k's of parts from paddocks over the years and haven't got a bad word to say about them, they'll get plenty more orders from me. And yes, i always specify top spec parts, not the cheap stuff, and they are often still cheaper than my local Bearmach even with trade discount :blink:

How strange, in the ten or so times I've been to the trade counter I've always found the staff to be rude, obnoxious and unhelpfull, much the same as John Craddocks (except without the massive superoirity complex). And IMHO you shouldn't need to check an order that a member of their staff has just picked under your instruction, that just speaks of incredible incompetance on their part

My experience with Paddocks has been the Britpart items they seem to prefer to sell, and in particular - a rear crossmember that was a nightmare to fit. That was some time ago now, so perhaps things have changed. I have a Britpart 90/110 bulkhead outrigger to fit this week, so I'll see if things have changed.

Les.

Well, I just told them to get stuffed and won't be ordering from them again. I ordered parts over a week ago, nearly 2 weeks ago, and just TODAY got a shipping quote... and I specified at the time I ordered them that I needed the parts to get back on the road and that I did not live anywhere with public transit service and that any trips into town would cost me in excess of $100 each way.

Any company that would treat a customer who'd already spent 3000GBP with them in the last 12 months like this is not a company I will be supporting ever again.

ive never had a problem with paddocks if for instance i order oe wheel bearings they always send timken and i mostly order online

if i pay for next day delivery it always comes next day, i have used them for years with no probs

I have ordered off them several times, and apart from 1 instance when they sent chocolate bearings by mistake they have been very good, I have found them easy to communicate with and their delivery is very fast. You MUST specify whether you want OEM or not...

Mike