Terrafirma vs Profender Shocks!

josecamorim

Are Terrafirma shocks made in Thailand?

isnt every thing made in this part of the world these days

Maybe we could get a deal direct :ph34r:

I guess you would not be able to beat the price on the stuff that is similar to the terrafirma bits, as due to the amount of units allmakes/terrafirma have made/sell, and then there is shipping and import duty etc...

But if some one was to import a container full of those nice shiny looking coilovers and bumps it might be worth it :D

I was mega impressed at how well my big bore dampers keep the 110 in check offroad.

I do a lot of offroad driving on rutted tracks whilst well laden up and the old bus used to sway about hugely on the pro-comps even though they seemed OK on the bounce test. I was staggered at the difference when I fitted the Terrafirmas.

Will :)

If every one seems to be happy or Ok with Terrafirma shocks............... Why not just support the Brand and go direct to a recognised supplier? Instead of buying 'Grey Products' its not like there Expensive any way?? and you will also be buying and receiving a good warranty? I'm sure that if a Dealer was approached a Group buy could easily be arranged ph34r.gif.

Dan

If every one seems to be happy or Ok with Terrafirma shocks............... Why not just support the Brand and go direct to a recognised supplier? Instead of buying 'Grey Products' its not like there Expensive any way?? and you will also be buying and receiving a good warranty? I'm sure that if a Dealer was approached a Group buy could easily be arranged ph34r.gif. Dan
More choice = more competition = good thing for the consumer. I don't see how "grey" comes into it? I am assuming Kam Diffs Steve, being in the trade, is looking at potentially stocking some of these products? It would be good to have an alternative airshock and coilover supplier in the UK given the paucity of choice currently available.

More choice = more competition = good thing for the consumer.

I don't see how "grey" comes into it? I am assuming Kam Diffs Steve, being in the trade, is looking at potentailly stocking some of these products? It would be good to have an alternative airshock and coilover supplier in the UK given the paucity of choice currently available.

But IF and i'm saying IF it is the same product, there isn't more choice? because it may be the same product so it's just another retailer distributing the same product that is already in the Uk?

With most companies in the 4x4 parts retail side in the Uk, they will source any product the customer is after so surely the paucity of choice is more down to the product on the market in the world not just in the Uk or the questions being asked to the wrong company?

Dan

But IF and i'm saying IF it is the same product, there isn't more choice? because it may be the same product so it's just another retailer distributing the same product that is already in the Uk?

With most companies in the 4x4 parts retail side in the Uk, they will source any product the customer is after so surely the paucity of choice is more down to the product on the market in the world not just in the Uk or the questions being asked to the wrong company?

Dan

can worms :ph34r: history :(

Allmakes / Terrafirma have a sole supplier agreement with Profender4x4 such that they will not supply any product to the UK for Land Rover vehicles through anyone but them. That's a perfectly legitimate situation and well done to Allmakes if they have negotiated that.

Si

Allmakes / Terrafirma have a sole supplier agreement with Profender4x4 such that they will not supply any product to the UK for Land Rover vehicles through anyone but them. That's a perfectly legitimate situation and well done to Allmakes if they have negotiated that.

Si

does that mean you could buy off them if for example you were to imply you wanted them for a toyota?

The contact address is not far from the wife's house.

I don't think it would be too difficult to arrange for collection from the factory and then have them shipped to the UK.

I assuming peeps are interested in the custom/universal stuff as apposed to the Landrover direct fitment.