LPG costs

jules

Does any one know what the LPG cost are going to do with all the fuel rises

I have seen a 10p rise over Dec and a further 5p in 2011....

Don't know when they will stop! I have seen the same, my only local LPG (Shell fuel station - 3 miles away) is now 82p a litre. There is no competition around here, so they seem to charge accordingly. I am seriously considering going diesel now.

Regards, Diff.

Does any one know what the LPG cost are going to do with all the fuel rises

I have seen a 10p rise over Dec and a further 5p in 2011....

Think your local filling station might be taking the pee - my local one has gone up from 59.9 to 64.9 in the last 4 or 5 months, not had to fill up for a while though, so don't know what it is with the VAT increase...

Think your local filling station might be taking the pee - my local one has gone up from 59.9 to 64.9 in the last 4 or 5 months, not had to fill up for a while though, so don't know what it is with the VAT increase...

I do 25k a year in my 4lt P38

I fill up everyday with about £20 of LPG and when I started in April it was 62p on the A31 summerfeild.

December it jumped from 62.9 to 64.9 then 66.9 then 68.9 during Dec but the BP next to work was around 72.9 last yr but was 85.9 in Poole this morning (I do have a 10p off with BP )

My local station which I rearly use as its not on my route for work was a Shell at 80p

Yes the wife car is desel and I nearly took a photo in the way home as Unleaded was 135.9 and desail was 139.9 at the shell on the A31 in the new forest

It is worrying indeed, the way the prices are going up and up. Hopefully LPG will stay cheaper than petrol for a while yet.

My local Shell is 74.9 ppl, 8ppl more than BP - but my biggest problem of late has been availibility! My local Flogas depot told me there is a national gas shortage at the moment. My 2 nearest Shell stns have had no gas for 2 weeks now! So as I have to travel further to fill up, it all costs more.

The price of gas up for two reasons

One is the cold winter in Europe and USA has made more demand and short supply

The other is the fact the pound is pretty much worthless compared to what it was, and as the uk has to buy most of it fuel this cause a bit of problem. look at the pound against the Aussie dollar. Used to be £1 was worth $2.3 to $2.5. That was only a couple of years ago. Now today £1 is worth $1.55. That is a hell of a difference

Ali

Just be grateful you don't live on the Isle of Wight. There is only one place to get LPG on the island and that is a plumbing shop. They were charging 75p/litre last time I was over there, and that was two years ago. Dread to think what the price is now!

HIHI you live in the wrong country. A year ago here the £ was about 12.5Nok.

It is now worth about 9.5Nok. Brilliant for me for buying LR parts.

Maybe that's why my parents don't come and visit much these days... :rolleyes:

Petrol here costs about 13Nok at the moment.

Just be grateful you don't live on the Isle of Wight. There is only one place to get LPG on the island and that is a plumbing shop. They were charging 75p/litre last time I was over there, and that was two years ago. Dread to think what the price is now!

There's more reasons than just the price of LPG to not live in the isle of Wight :-)

Don't know when they will stop! I have seen the same, my only local LPG (Shell fuel station - 3 miles away) is now 82p a litre. There is no competition around here, so they seem to charge accordingly. I am seriously considering going diesel now.

Regards, Diff.

Doesn't the LPG guy in Stubbington sell it any more? He used to be 2p/litre cheaper than the Shell station.