Climate Rush Target 4 x 4s again

Steve King

i had a look at their site and by their own admission its mainly about the size of the vehicles and the space thay take up, with the gas guzzling bit added on to justify thier actions. are there any legal ramifications to attaching an unwanted sticker that covers someones numberplate?? they say that it can easily be removed by hot soapy water,so how uch co2 was emmitted to heat the water then?? what happens to all the stuff in washing up liquid,surfactants etc, that goes into the drains and ultimately back into the water supply?? fecking mis-guided eco mentalists grrrrr

this is the comment i left on their site, its awaiting moderation!!

you say that the stickers can be removed by hot soapy water, how much CO2 is being emmitted by heating the water? what hapens to all the surfactants etc in the soapy water that goes down the drains?? you claim to be about climate change yet your opening statement is about a 4×4 taking up more than its fair share of space?? well my mondeo diesel estate is longer than a range rover so will you sticker that?? or is it you are all small in stature and are intimidated by the height of the vehicle??

As usual with things like this, they only target 4x4's. Which is unfair, however, I bet only a very small percentage of people in chelsea actually need a 4x4. Still wish they wouldn't single out the 4x4 driver. I bet there are as many high powered/and emitting Mercs/BMW/Audi + supercars they dont get as much jip.

Reminds me of the TG episode where Clarkson parked two estates outside a london Greenpeace meeting place and no one batted an eyelid. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have a problem if they did some research and went after the worst polluting vehicles (be they LR or Ferrari or whatever) but just stickering anything a bit tall and shiny is dumb - it doesn't do their cause any favours IMHO, a bit like Greenpeace's excellent "Ban 4x4's" campaign.

I think I'll post on their forum pointing out that they should be encouraging people to keep their cars longer - scrapping cars has a bad effect on the environment and building complex hybrids is not good either!

Just think of the nickel for the battery of a Toyota Prius - mined in Canada, shipped to Wales for processing and then shipped to China to make batteries.

A lot of things, that I don't fully understand, but if it had anything to do with the dinosaurs, it'd have more to do with the massive asteroid(s) that hit the earth around that time and sent up clouds of ash that reflected all of the sunlight. A little searching around the internet will give you lots of answers.

Also, on the methane front:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas#Greenhouse_effects_in_Earth.27s_atmosphere

Sure, it's wiki, but it seems to have reputable sources. Do remember that not all greenhouse gases are equal in their effect.

I'd just leave the plate on there and go off and speed for a while, cutting up a few bellends in BMWs while failing to pay a congestion charge then deny all knowledge of it :D

Congestion charge uses the front numberplate, hence bikes are exempt, because they don't have one!

I stand ready to be corrected, but does bio diesel not produce xx% less emissions then normal diesel. And how does this compare to a small car running normal diesel?

Also are they really comparing themselves to the suffragettes?!