STOLEN LANDY 110

wozza114

Hi guys just had my 1993 Landy 110 stolen this morining from Preston/Garstang area.

The details are:

L925 LSF

Black 110 csw

with Monster sticker on rear passenger doors and bonnet, prepared by Wildtrak 4x4

Lifted with Big Kuhmo MT tyres

Winch bumper with T-max winch

Roof rack with two spots on the front

Has a tool box bolted into the back and a fabricated box on the right.

Please let me know if you hear or see anything, only got it 2 weeks ago after saving for the 4 years.

Here is a link to the original listing for more pictures

post-30117-0-18477700-1298991878_thumb.jpeg

sorry to hear about this it's a real bummer, however..

I have heard 2 similar cases recently one was a work colleague in my locality of south wales.

in both cases the vehicles were stolen less than a month after purchase, one from the front drive overnight and the other from a morrisons store in barry.

the 110 taken from the super market was taken in under 5 mins as the owner was only 5 mins in the store.

it was suspected that the vehicles had been stolen back by the people selling them in the first place using spare keys, as in further investigations they could not be traced.

not saying this is the case with yours but it pays to sort the security straight away, my colleague is out of pocket 11K and insurance company is refusing to pay out.

hope you get it back.

regards all

Gren

Thinking the same as Gren above, does seem quite suspicious really, it's like the pikeys that sell you a dog that's trained to go 'Home' at its first opportunity. I bought my car, quite a rare and desiarable Audi (Quattro of corse lol) with only one key preasant, I only found this out at the time of collection (maybe I should have inquired previous to collection but it's just about the only question I hadn't asked at viewing/deposit) the seller said thats all he had but I was paranoid for weeks that I'd wake up to find it gone. Hope you get it back.

Whenever I used to buy a Landrover (or any other car) from a dodgy address I always put the ownership at my families address 30 miles from where I live.

Call me suspicious but the ease that sellers can retake the car you have just bought is high if they are of a mind to.

Very rare I know but for peace of mind I would recommend with any defender bought outside of a reputable seller.

thats pants, really is :(

why do some people have to steal a wonderfull car, hope you get it back, im in birmingham so probably wont see it but if i do ill let you know.

ive heard that alot of 110's are being stolen, which is worring as ive got a 300 tdi 110 double cab :angry:

trouble is as we know they are desirable vehicles, pikeys or any other thieving scum dont care about the heartbreak and financial losses involved, doubt its been nicked by a crack head so you can take some comfort that your pride and joy is not some low lifes fix.

sorry to hear and i have said this only last night to a guy local to me (daz224) i think, we must all be vigilant and REPORT anything suspicious and PLEASE PLEASE take steps to make it as hard as possible to steal. :(

Hi huys thanks for the support,

I currently am in Preston as a student, so the landy was registered as my home address in N. Ireland and I did get 2 sets of keys, but they are easily cut I suppose.

I had bought a Stoplock Pro steering lock, but that obviously didnt do much, there was a cctv camera which caught three guys in the act but the quality isn't great, so Im sure noting will come of it. It only took them 10 minutes to get in, get the steering lock off and hot wire it.

sound like you took all the precautions, cctv and steering lock and still the scum got away, i feel really bad (and damn angry) for you,

short of getting a sea container to lock it in im at a loss (no pun intended) just how far we have to go to protect ourselves :(

It only took them 10 minutes to get in, get the steering lock off and hot wire it.

Must be amateurs then, that's at least 8 minutes too long for an old Defender.

If the local police have seen the CCTV and do not recognise the culprits (even from poor, non evidential, quality video) then they are probably from out of the area.

Total pants! I really feel for you having had a car stolen in the past (a Ford Tincorna many, many years ago).

Perhaps this is a good time to remind you all about that website that was set up as a register of stolen Land Rovers... http://www.mystolenlandrover.com/. I have no affiliation with the site, just seems like a good idea.

Hope you get it back in one piece!

Dan

Lots of sympathy from me too, we had the family Volvo nicked in Paris last year, so I know it is just sickening. At least for us the insurance paid out in a couple of months, hope the same goes for you if your truck is not returned. Will keep an eye out in Gloucestershire.

Commiserations and regards

Richard

Even my complacent old brain is kicking in, mine is completely standard or as near as Britpart can keep it and sits on my drive usually blocked in by my citroen c5.

You say the wheellock was gone in matter of mins, which one did you have? I couldn't get one of the full round jobbies so have a glorified crooklock with some led lights cos that puts the willies up em you know.

But i don't want to spend on a full wheel lock to find I make no difference and should have bought a pedal lock instead.

dunno if it will appear this side of the pennines but as i meander around the country c1000m a week will keep my eyes open.

hope it re appears soon in one piece unlike the borrowers

What a p!sser. Nice lookin truck too.

If you find the scum responsible, i have a nice 12-bore here i will lend you. I recommend starting from the feet and working slowly upwards....

Phil

A course of action which will probably result in both you and he being put away at Her Majesties pleasure.

A course of action which will probably result in both you and he being put away at Her Majesties pleasure.

Wouldnt be the first time my friend. Il take my chances. They would be given the choice - cuff themselves until the cops get there or there gettin a barrel of buckshot..