TD5 low fuel warning light

Same as Western, about into the orange section - but the gauge on mine (2001 Td5) always seemed very non-linear, I'd get maybe 150 miles from the 1st quarter tank (from full) but the last ¼ might only get me 50 miles.

So like yourself, I never really had much confidence in it, to the point where I used to carry a 2 gallon can full - just in case.

the gauge on mine (2001 Td5) always seemed very non-linear, I'd get maybe 150 miles from the 1st quarter tank (from full) but the last ¼ might only get me 50 miles.

sounds like mine too. thank boys

ive went and been a silly boy. i took the pointer and gauge face of my fuel gauge but didnt take a note of the resting reference point the needle was at. any chance some one could take a picture of their fuel gauge at resting and post it up for reference.

p.s. the internals of both the TD5 fuel and temp gauge look the same, both have the same banded resistors filtering the signal from their senders. interesting :huh:

ive went and been a silly boy. i took the pointer and gauge face of my fuel gauge but didnt take a note of the resting reference point the needle was at. any chance some one could take a picture of their fuel gauge at resting and post it up for reference.

p.s. the internals of both the TD5 fuel and temp gauge look the same, both have the same banded resistors filtering the signal from their senders. interesting :huh:

Td5 fuel gauge.

post-20-0-37500500-1309887032_thumb.jpg

I deeply distrust the orange-blinking-light on my 90TD5.

My approach is to brim the tank, drive 250 miles and then seek the earliest opportunity to refuel.

--Tanuki.

"Badgers are not part of the solution. They're part of the problem. And they don't taste good!"

I find mine (2003 110 Doublecab) comes on just as the needle crosses into the red portion. From that moment, I have 12 miles driving sensibly to find fuel before it stops!

Si

My Td5 is about the same, leaves me with not much :lol:

Unfortunately for me, there isn't a 'close' fuel station either and I've run out of fuel twice in the past 3 months on the same piece of road... :P

Td5 Disco

I usually fill once I have driven 750Km. The light is usually on then and I can usually

fill about 90L of diseasel. And like most others the gauge is completly non linear.

At half tank mark on the gauge I can usually get to over 500Km, so it's more like 2/3

empty by than.

Mine comes on just in to the orange band which is normally about 290ish miles. it will then take about 50 lts to fill. I did manage 350 miles on a tank with a wee bit still to spare one Sunday evening when all the garages were shut. I normally carry a spare can now!

2005 90 TD5