car insurance comparison sites??

Landy-Novice

hello all, i was wondering, it there such a site that allows you to find the cheapest car to insure for a person? like compare the market is car+details=price what im after is details+price=car if you get what i mean? because im sick of spending hours on trying to find insurance on the cheapest car under £2610!

does this make sense? :glare:

Parkers guide & look at the insurance group of each car - not guaranteed but a good guide.

Also - the less cool / more boring a car the better chance you have. When I was at college I ran about in a Nissan Bluebird (real grandad car), same spec & price-to-buy as a Vauxhall Cavalier but I was paying way less insurance than all my mates 'cos no-one nicked them and boy racers wouldn't be seen dead in them.

cheers for that but none came under £4361!

and cwazywabbit, road tax is the last of my worries! :hysterical:

I guessed that, was just trying to cheer you up :)

Are you seriously saying that none of the group 1 cars can be insured by you for less than £4361?

If so that is truly amazing, I know you are young but what else is against you? Are you trying to insure a brand new car? Surely you can insure an old heap third party for significantly less :blink:

I guess there are some advantages to getting old.....

for what it's worth insured daughter 17 now 18 yrs, on a 04 plate citroen C2 value 3k registered in her name for 1200 whilst on provisional and then 1700 on full licence.

What i did find was initially just putting her on insurance was 3000 pa and then meteoric rises to 12k!! Once put old fogey i.e. me, brought it down to more acceptable levels.

Admiral are doing some good deals for young drivers that you may benefit from.

Also if you still at home look at one of their multicar policies a mate found it saved him about a grand over the four cars he has.

In my case they wouldn't touch the landrover and with my wifes saab added we gained nothing

If Your prepared to have a "Smart Car" tracker fitted, so they can tell if you are a hooligan or drive late at night, and consequently measure their risk, co-op have a good deal http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1228203835143,CFSweb/Page/Insurance-Car

Its pretty invasive tho, I would have paid a LOT more when I was younger if one had been fitted :ph34r:

If Your prepared to have a "Smart Car" tracker fitted, so they can tell if you are a hooligan or drive late at night, and consequently measure their risk, co-op have a good deal http://www.co-operat...e/Insurance-Car

Its pretty invasive tho, I would have paid a LOT more when I was younger if one had been fitted :ph34r:

Well I know it's not playing the game but a taking a leaf out of the tea leafs books and using gps & gsm blockers would probably make that ineffective. You could check if it was working via the 'online dashboard' so surely it's not going to be around too long.

Well I know it's not playing the game but a taking a leaf out of the tea leafs books and using gps & gsm blockers would probably make that ineffective. You could check if it was working via the 'online dashboard' so surely it's not going to be around too long.

I think the Insurer doesnt care. My model clause for this would be "If no data received, premium goes to full." bear in mind this is an expensive insurance with discount for behaving well. Not behaving well effects the level of discount. if you cant prove that you are behaving well, heres your giant insurance bill sir.....

And whats the betting that if you remove it, when you have an incident the insurance is invalid?

Thats how I would write it, as the insurer.

I think the Insurer doesnt care. My model clause for this would be "If no data received, premium goes to full." bear in mind this is an expensive insurance with discount for behaving well. Not behaving well effects the level of discount. if you cant prove that you are behaving well, heres your giant insurance bill sir.....

And whats the betting that if you remove it, when you have an incident the insurance is invalid?

Thats how I would write it, as the insurer.

I was thinking more along the lines of only turning the blockers on when you were doing something considered 'bad' like driving at night, that way they would have some data, but only data of you being a nice low risk driver. They couldn't say anything about not recieving data all the time as both GPS and GPRS don't work 100% of the time.

Anyway I'm getting a bit off topic here so I'll apologise and shut up :)

Signal blockers are effective against GPS, but variable with Mobile GPRS / 3G. If you drive too close to a mast - it only has to get one location fix - and they know you've been fiddling it! I doubt they will not have considered this - and will be ready to pounce as soon as they get a sniff you are abusing it!

Si

Presumably he's trying to insure his IIA?

If so, then get a copy of LRO/LRM/LR-whatever, a phone, and a sheet of paper and get ringing. 90% may put the phone down when you tell them either your age or that it's modified, but it only takes one company not to!

And yes, do Pass Plus. I did it when I passed my test and it reduced my premium the second year by a fair bit. Basically gives you a year's head start as described above. My insurance is now reasonable, though only owing to my careful driving style and resultant NCB of course :P

But is the quote for the IIA from a 'normal' car insurance company?

Seriously, comparison sites don't work for anything out of the ordinary like an old LR. Pick up the phone and ring! Try Adrian Flux, I'm with them and they seem to know their land rovers.

Do any of your close family have any insurance (house/contents/car) with the NFU? if so give them a try.