200Tdi Daily Drive

I drove a puma recently and found it as rattly as my 200tdi! It was a bit quieter at motorway speeds though. Has it got much soundproofing? Might be something to play with before going down the engine change route....

I crawled under one at the local dealer's not long ago and all I can say is no, it doesn't! Don't know what spec it was though.

Just had carpets and some thin vinyl in footwells.

Why ?? I can maybe understand the R380, but why change from 200tdi into 300tdi ?

Maybe I must read the thread back again, and see if there are som valid reasons.

I love my 200tdi.

Indeed why ? No perceptible increase in performance or reliability. I'm puzzled ! :unsure:

Mo

Well Mo and Finn, its like this the truck was rebuilt with Td5 seat box and 300 bulkhead so needs R 380 to finish Gearbox tunnel etc. I also find this particular 200tdi very noisy, especially on tick over, I drive a 300tdi 90 at the moment and there is a big difference between the 2.

I just keep saying to myself the 110 would be a lovely car with R380 and 300 ....... but you got me thinking tho, as I am aware of the durability of the 200 over the 300 .

Thanks for imput fellas all helps to making the right decision in the end ^_^

Nidge.

up the tickover speed a bit, fit a wright offroad urethane seatbox cover thingy and stick in a short bellhousing r380. the ultimate 110

Yes have I upped the tick over speed and ordered a set of genuine engine mounts, also priced up a R380 stumpy and according to Ashcrofts I can use the r 380 gear box tunnel cover !!

Heading towards keeping the 200 now and r380 box. ^_^

Nidge

I think it lubricates the valves. The engine runs smoother. I think there is a thread on the Norwagian forum about it, I've nevere heard anything harmfull about using two-stroke oil.

Now I'm using a bit of two-stroke oil together with kerosene (My neighbor found a barrel with some kerosene while clearing out his basement...)

I also run the engine on a mixture of wvo and petrol sometimes. I think maybe the 200tdi takes a bout anything I give it.

Hi Nidge, I drove a 200tdi 90 as a daily drive the only thing I did was put a higher ratio transfer box from an auto RR and tweeked the pump slightly and it made it very quiet several people driving 300's actually commented it was the quietest LR they ever traveled in.

I've had my 110 200tdi for about 6 months now and it is pretty standard factory with the only upgrades being the lower door ventilation kit. You know, the one where mother nature creates naturally aspirated ventilation through the combination of steel and rainwater.

I am interested in the talk of intercooler upgrades as I seem to be on the motorway a bit more often at the moment than I was expecting. Can somebody point out a thread that goes over the options? Or should it be a case of getting the sound-proofing and fitting an overdrive as the first things to do before any tweaking?

Sound-proofing will have to wait until I've managed to stop the passenger footwell becoming a swamp when it rains mind....

I've added ~2 litres of 2stroke oil

Per tank?

I wonder what the result would be over here if VOSA dipped the tank with 2 stroke oil added? (its clearly allowed in 3 stroke engines, but is it allowed as an additive to other fuels and would they notice at that concentration?)

No, in total.

I've added a bit more now when I use kerosene, but I've soon used all of it. Then I guess I'll go back to normal. that is 2 litres 2stroke with 10000 litres of diesel. Or maybe a bit more.

I think've read something about up to 0.1 l per 80 litres.