Thinking of selling

Hi Guys

Sorry if this type of post isn't allowed, I couldn't find anything to say I couldn't.

I'm seriously considering selling my 90 but don't have a clue how much it would be worth. I've compiled a list of all its main details.

It has been used off road and for towing medium sized trailers no competition use.

Defender 90 TD5 Early 2001

Engine

Under 50k on the clock

ECU Remap by Bell Auto’s

Bell Auto’s Variable vein Turbo

EGR Removed

Full width Brunel Performance Intercooler

Manifold EGT Sensor and Boost pressure sensor wired to SPA BOOST / EGT DUAL GAUGE

Straight through to Side firing exhaust

Suspension/Drive train/Protection

1” lift Old Man Emu Heavy duty fonts Super duty rears

2” Old Man Emu Shocks

CAM Diff lock rear (fitted by CAM) with heavy duty shafts

5x 255/85R16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 (Plenty of tread left)

Steering Guard

Front Axel/Diff guard

North Off Road Tree/rock sliders

Factory Winch Bumper

Galvanised Bumperettes

Electrical

Warn XD9000i Winch

2x PC1500 seriesOdyssey battery (2nd Battery Dead) Devon 4x4 Battery Tray

Manual Spilt charge system fitted

All wiring Heavy duty

Mudpod Dash replacement fitted with carling switches

2X Light Force 240s

2x Light Force 170s

Sound system fitted (could do with a rewire)

Other Items

Exmore Trim Elite Front Seats in Outlast Material

Front Runner Roof rack/Rear Ladder

Front Runner Light Backets

Hi-Lift Jack Fitted to roof rack Front Runner mounts

Simmonites Swing away wheel carrier

2x Aero catch bonnet pins

Lights converted to Military screw type

Heavy Duty Tow Bar

You've listed all the bolt-on gear which might add a few hundred pounds to the value of the vehicle, and omitted the most important thing which is the condition of the major units (chassis, bodywork, engine, transmission etc.) and the level of previous servicing (including proof of said servicing in the form of a history).

The extra kit is all well and good, but a Defender's condition is based upon its condition and the level of care that has been laid upon it, as well as obvious other factors such as derivation (engine, wheelbase, body style) and - to a degree - age.

Ahh yeah, that would help wouldn't it. Chassis/outriggers/crossmember are in sound condition, i've kept it all waxoly'd, body has a few little dents and scratches but the paint work is fine. Transmission again is good and solid, no wobble or noises. Since owning it I've had it garage serviced at regular intervals.

hmm, I've looked at a few 90's and 110's of 03-04 era, and they have been sheds - worked very hard, every panel dinted/damaged, oil leeks, getting on for 100k some chassis rot, totally trashed interiors, and they where both asking for 4.5-5k +VAT. (semi private sales, old estate vehicles) pictures will help, but its so hard with defenders, best thing you can do is look around and see what a standard one is going for in the same condition and add a bit for your extra's...

You've listed all the bolt-on gear which might add a few hundred pounds to the value of the vehicle, and omitted the most important thing which is the condition of the major units (chassis, bodywork, engine, transmission etc.) and the level of previous servicing (including proof of said servicing in the form of a history).

The extra kit is all well and good, but a Defender's condition is based upon its condition and the level of care that has been laid upon it, as well as obvious other factors such as derivation (engine, wheelbase, body style) and - to a degree - age.

Beat me to it, lots of of info about the extra's but nothing about the vehicle itself in the original post!

I was in a similar situation many years ago where I had a tricked LR and wanted to get rid ASAP.

I originally listed it with everything fitted for a quick sale and although it got lots of interest no-one was willing to put the money down so I took all the extra's off (which more or less put it back to standard) and then I had several buyers all who wanted it AT EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE IT WAS ORIGINALLY LISTED AT! Needless to say that with the vehicle sold (at full asking price) all the extras were sold separately where I recouped a very significant chunk of money.