to good to be true??

Landy-Novice

You have to ask yourself why it's on a q plate. Also why it's on a buy it now for eight grand. If you can answer these questions satisfactorily then it may be worth a look. My truck is on a q plate and insurance comPanies take the mickey with premium costs.

I woul dgo with my gut and say it's not really a puma re-build.

As if it is a new puma, then a crash or thrash re-build, why else would it have a gal chassis? It's not like the original one would have rotted out by now?

Also, a Q plate would say that it is a new complete re-build that has been re-registered, maybe to hide the original, otherwise why would you re-registed a Puma reg? I feel like it's a rebuild of something old, used a puma engine and dash interior to make it look new / more attractable to buy.

Its a Q Plate

That says it all, nothing wrong with a Q plate - but it means a "Bitsa" pure and simple

Its not a genuine 2010 LR built 110, its a Bitsa, hence the value - or lack of

However - b eing on a Q plate could mean its more legal than many so called "Models" on Ebay

thats assuming the Q plate is new and fresh and not from a 70s lightweight :blink:

Frankly I wouldn't touch it,- even with yours :P

Nige

I think that looks realy smart, even if orange is not my taste. I think it is a cat b write off with the chassis bend, and rebuild on a new chassis. The fact that it is on a q-plate makes it more reliable in my eyes. It means he had someone looking at it, and more importantly, he has had to show evidence that the parts were not stolen. The vosa and dvla are very touchy on this with landrovers, because they are stolen so much these days.

I think go and have a look if this is the car you want.

Daan

IIRC Q reg numbers cannot be removed or transferred from their parent vehicle, so it can't be re-registered with a 2010 year code.

I don't think it can ever be re-registered with anything, so if you fancy changing it to DAZ 1211 you're stuffed

Looking through his feedback I'd say he's a breaker but as Defenders are just big meccano sets if I was happy the bits were all legitimate, it drove ok and I was the sort of person to keep it until I died I'd at least go and have a look.

It's if you decide you want to sell it the problems will start

Fellows,

We seem to be seeing more and more of these types of discussions... ?

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1993 90 and have deliberately swapped the tub for one of an '86 because it has galv cappings. I also believe that later ally panels are thinner so maybe he made the same decision?

His phone number is on the ad, if you really want to know more then give the guy a call and ask. It just seems a bit unfair to assassinate his character via the www when he probably knows nothing of this post so can't answer back.

Innocent till proven guilty and all that.

It's a classified ad, he's probably sold it, like I said, I'd at least go and have a look, even speaking with him on the phone would give you an idea of whether you want to view it

I've rung up about cars before and decided on the phone not to go and see it

One conversation went

I'm ringing about the car

Which one

The Volvo, is it registered in your name

No

So you're a trader

I wouldn't say I'm a trader, I just buy and sell a few cars

Right, that's a trader then, bye

i think thats the 90, the 110 is 80.2mph :lol:

are they limited or it that just top speed? our old 300tdi topped out at about 90 back in its day. :i-m_so_happy: by the time we sold it, it topped out at 70ish! :o

Puma Defenders have speed limiting built into the ECUs. The remap guys can easily fix that though ;)