how many miles on a tank full???

inchman

Would be best if you specified which engine.

I get less than 200 miles to a full tank (V8) but I bet I could get it down to 100 miles with heavy application of the loud pedal.

Mick.

Edit: Sorry Richy B, I was typing at the same time.

For a 90 you should be able to get up to 300 or so miles out of a tank. My light came on this morning at 305 miles, but most of that was motorway driving so nice and efficient. Usually comes on at about 260-280 miles. Does 30mpg pretty consistently, this last tank was 32.5mpg though due to the nature of the driving.

But obviously it depends on the engine and tank size. Tdi engines should be able to get 30mpg, Td5s should get 28-30mpg.

Standard 90 side tank is about 12 gallons, 110 rear (metal) tank is approx. 17.5 gallons.

Bloody hell!

I was thinking my truck was poor, I put £30 in and got 115 miles from proper empty, I even took the sender out and looked in the tank as I thought it was bad, so today brimmed the tank £56, so on that basis 200ish miles from a 1987 90 with disco 2.5 in is about right?

Paul

Over 300 miles to the tank-IF I drive it at 50 mph on the motorway and with very gradual application of the accelerator pedal, this is with the pump tweaked and a large intercooler and knobbly tyres on it too

My motorway driving is usually 55-60 mph (ie. a bit faster than the HGVs), with occasional advances toward 70 for an overtake if necessary.

This is standard 200Tdi with sensible a/t tyres, though they're a bit small and a bit wide (245/75/R16). Hoping for a slight improvement in cruising MPG once the 7.50R16 road tyres go on, or if not then at least a reduction in RPMs and therefore noise. Though it's actually remarkably pleasant below 60, a conversation is easily possible which is more than can be said for some other Land Rovers I've been in! :)

I get about 300 to the tank, but that's filling it to the brim (ie halfway up the filler pipe), I've worked that out to be about 27mpg.

It's a 1989 90 with a 200tdi fitted and some General Grabber UHP 235/70 on it.

My driving used to be long motorway at 60 - 65. But currently doing 'A' roads to Basingstoke so probably getting slightly less due to accelerating and braking lots more, though speed is down to 50 for most of it.

I reckon i can get anywhere between 300 and 450 miles from my 110 ht 300tdi. Havin said that the fuel gauge happily bounces around between full and half regardless of how much is in it. So i don;t trust that and i'm pretty sure i've never seen a fuel light.

I brim it at the pump and then reset the trip/mileage counter and normally fill up again at 300 miles, somethimes its £50 sometimes its as much as £80

Only once forgot to fill up at 300 but thats the day i managed 450 although driven with kid gloves on i must admit

Mark

2001 90CSW TD5 - anything between 30MPG (if I drive like a sunday-morning granny) and 22MPG (when chasing BMWs on the M4).

The CSW tank holds - allegedly - 60 litres. I generally get 250-300 miles before the light starts flashing, then brim the tank again. Usually costs around £65 a fill.

--Tanuki.

3.9 v8 and megasquirt, I was lucky to get 150miles on a tank, this dropped to just 60miles when my pal borrowed it tow a trailer - giving an all time worst mpg of just 6!!!!!!!

300tdi and I can get a shade over 200miles.

Disco transfer box, very sensible tyres and a few heavy mods like cage and heavy winch bumper etc.