Newbury Sort Out

Richy B

I am going I will be actually selling my old tat quality hard to find Land Rover spares!! Looking through the workshop today It is surprising how much old tat stuff I have not massive stuff but lots of little bits left over from various projects. I will be there with Dennis either just with his truck and trailer or with my truck also depending on how much stuff we find.

Am going to be firing up the new camping stove so will have the kettle on if anyone fancies a brew!!

Jason.

Contrary to popular belief, things are happening in the Shed-o-Warne!

How many years is it now since he started building his 'super' truck? Five, six maybe? I don't doubt things are happening in the Shed-o-Warne, but I think there is more tea drinking and thinking up more complicated ways of doing things! However, I'm in no position to criticise!

Do you think the Tanker Drivers dispute will have a big effect on Newbury? I drove past a gas station this morning (in my Electric Freelander ;) ) and there were queues stretching out on to the road.

Si

How many years is it now since he started building his 'super' truck? Five, six maybe? I don't doubt things are happening in the Shed-o-Warne, but I think there is more tea drinking and thinking up more complicated ways of doing things! However, I'm in no position to criticise!

Do you think the Tanker Drivers dispute will have a big effect on Newbury? I drove past a gas station this morning (in my Electric Freelander ;) ) and there were queues stretching out on to the road.

Si

Si,

I am intrigued about your electric Freelander. Please tell us more.

Nigel

I hope to be there, providing I can find somwhere to buy diesel that doesn't have a queue of numptys half way up the road topping up their already half full tanks just because the very poorly advised government told them to. I might drag all my old jerry cans out of the garage and try and flog them to the queueing masses for an inflated price tho!

Ha Ha 8-) yea probally ,I'm in a alveston red 90csw with roof rack , say hi if ya spot me ,

I'll be the black sheep of the family up there, in my Dark grey Nissan Navara!

Leaving my 90 at home cos the cv joints and railco bushes need doing again, and theres more room for junk valuable stuff in the back!! ^_^

I won't be there.

Round 1 of the Mudmonsters Challenge series is at Slindon on Sun 1st, so that is where I'll be, fuel availability permitting :rolleyes:

There'll be some good competition/spectating for anyone else who isn't going to Newbury.

you have got be joking?! :o:huh:

Seen it in the flesh metal and it is a lovely bit of engineering. Want one, especially as a round trip to work and back is now 14 miles.

On topic, I'll probably give this Newbury round a miss as I need to spend money on the house/garage rather than the Freelander <ducks for cover>. Although I did get a great deal on wheels last time and some useful tools.

Rob.

Seen it in the flesh metal and it is a lovely bit of engineering. Want one, especially as a round trip to work and back is now 14 miles.

Build one then!

There is plenty of detail here: http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/

For my next one (yes I have a plan!) I'm going to use a scrap Forklift motor. I have secured one which was originally 24v 16Hp, but the windings (according to the site) are suitable to take 150v - which would give me 100 Hp. As a rule of thumb, because an eleccy motor has a flat power curve, a 100Hp Eleccy motor is equivalent to a 200 Hp IC engine.

My Freelander just uses scrap lead acid batteries - which doesn't give the range of Lithium but when they cost me £3 each - who cares!

Si

So what "fine collectables" did we get today then ? I got a dog cage for £20 8-) I felt it was sure busy enough , probally helped by the afternoon sun ? But they GOTTA do something about the que to get in !! I think get a team of runners giving out the registration forms out as you start to que, then by the time your at the front hand over the form and ya cash - Bosh ya in :0) happy enough for sure though