ARGYLL FOREST CHALLENGE

northernchris

as posted on D44 by James F:

I didn't make it to the event as planned but the word is that Bathtub and Bryn won the event, Wullie and Justin second, and Jim the Milkman and Paul third. The sections were seemingly very hard and technical but that's all I know. I'm sure more news will be posted soon.

Well done to Pete and Bryn, especially getting two trucks as big as there's on top of the podium. Though, if last year was anything to go by, their trucks will be written off

Yes, that was the finishing order.

It was an extremely good event - very, VERY tough on cars and teams.Lots of mechanical carnage with several of the favourites taking an early bath on Saturday.

We were joint leaders on Sat night despite losing circa 1.5hrs changing winches due to tech problems. Sunday we just blew it - no other way of saying it. Took us several hours to extricate ourselves from the gooeyest bog ever, then home for an early bath. Heard as we were about to leave the campsite we'd actually finished 3rd! Bonus!!

Sections were a little tougher than last year... defintely the toughest winch challenge in the UK. Sorts the men from the boys and Pete and Bryn deserve HUGE credit for working so damned hard and getting the win. Well done lads.

Yes, that was the finishing order.

It was an extremely good event - very, VERY tough on cars and teams.Lots of mechanical carnage with several of the favourites taking an early bath on Saturday.

We were joint leaders on Sat night despite losing circa 1.5hrs changing winches due to tech problems. Sunday we just blew it - no other way of saying it. Took us several hours to extricate ourselves from the gooeyest bog ever, then home for an early bath. Heard as we were about to leave the campsite we'd actually finished 3rd! Bonus!!

Sections were a little tougher than last year... defintely the toughest winch challenge in the UK. Sorts the men from the boys and Pete and Bryn deserve HUGE credit for working so damned hard and getting the win. Well done lads.

Blimey! Simon those bogs are incredible, no wonder the winches gave problems, I guess you sweated a few pounds pulling cables through that lot. Well done to you all.

Well done lads, now that's what i call winch challenge. Thats what it should be like, put me down for next year i want some of that. :lol::lol::lol:

By the look of the pic's, :o if your only able to enter one, this has got to be it :)

I see also the weather stayed nice for you :P

Now to start getting ready for round 6 of the awdc series, you have to start someware to get used to winch's etc.

Rumour has it Saley was fourth

he sure was :D i was winch bitch for his team mate Alan Kemp (not bad for our second ever outing )

well done to bathtub on his win :D and well done to EVERY one who took part including the marshels :)

Rumour has it Saley was fourth.

Hi Simon,

yes we came joint 4th :D and still :D ing. first got 9 punches,second got 8 1/2 punches,third got 6 1/2 punches we got 6 punches :D

what a super event a big thanks to everyone involved especially the marshalls thankyou.

welldone to bathtud and his team got to get me some of them tyres B)

we had a great event our 1st/starting stage 23 we took 3 hours next after dinner 24 took about 35 minutes someone in 25/1/2 so did 3 :D took the rest of the afternoon but was a great section had everything

sunday started on 4 but skipped it as nobody had completed it, did 5 cooked front winch on 400 metre up hill pull through mud with rocks in2 1/2 hours, did 6 had to winch down hill through mud about a hour then dinner

dinner brake over, set of and lost alan/daffyd :lol::lol::lol: they got stuck on the controle carpark :lol::lol::lol: sorry alan couldn't resist :lol::lol::lol:

got to 7 someone had attempted it and not got to the punch so missed at started 8 big rocks and losing air no lockers so alan went first

got to punch a winch down a very steep rocky muddy drop alan lowered down punched and winched back up got to top and rope let go returning to the punch very fast but the nice tree stopped him dead :o:lol:

second attempt got up to top and action replay :lol::lol: should be some good pic's of that :D

finished at 2.50 no time to do another :angry:

will be there next year hopfully:D

Awesome..........

Found it helps if you walk like John Wayne........

Well done to Pete, Bryn and the crews......

Again Awesome........

If your hard enough, then just one word............

Argyll............ :D

Do it...!

Jim :)

Thanks for the car park credit John, winching 4 feet back on to the road is a tad embaressing but I think my winches made up for it when yours had a rest.

Awesome event, would love to go back and attempt all of the sections for fun.

Many thanks to the AFC Team and the marshalls, apologies to the spectators I almost ran over when reversing. Thanks to Dafydd for top bitching. Will be back next year come what may....

A few pictures here

http://forum.difflock.com/discus/messages/...html?1156838398

Congrats Pete,

Show those deep fat fryers that a V89 is thge engine

Seriously well done, AFC is a real nightmare any year so fethaer in your cap, and just think of the mileage / ribbing / mickeytaking you can get out of it on other mere mortals ...for months to come :lol:

Nige

Thanks Nige,

hate to say it though Bryns motor is TDI :rolleyes:

But yer baby 340 horse 101 axles 42 " tyres 0 psi in the tyres external cage & away you go & play bouncy bouncy with the trees . :D

Hydro assist was awsome i handed steering whilst winching & steering box is intact .

The new internal soft top didnt even loose a popper :o

The 200amp PPW alternator {140maps at 2k revs} & 2 yellow optimas kept up all day with 2 60amp fans , 2 30 amp fans ,windscreen fan ,car electrics & twin motor 8374 run flat out all day & the voltage didnt drop beloe 12.5 V best £500 i spent {last cheque}

Phuh portals whats the point if you run Simex tyres :lol::lol::lol:

Next year hopefuly ive have the Portal Tec axles on & 44s but im waiting for a new cheque book at the moment :ph34r::P

But seriously the difference this time was 1 we finished the event & 2 the event was tough enough to kill silly little motors running girly axles & tyres .Some sections were 2-3 hr plus & 1 km long & when there like that a big winch on a small car just doesnt make the mustard you need to be able to drive lots of it & be willing to use the loud pedal & not worry about CVs etc i used £90 in petrol in 6 hrs & Bryn did £50 in diesel we were flat out all day :D

The only damge on my truck this time was a dent on the cage & no reverse on the twin 8274 :P

... you need to be able to drive lots of it & be willing to use the loud pedal & not worry about CVs etc i used £90 in petrol in 6 hrs & Bryn did £50 in diesel we were flat out all day

Jesus Pete, that explains a lot, would love to have seen you driving the 1K bog, we gave it a wide berth as someone was stuck on it, and cos we wanted to give it a wide berth..

Heard you derove section 8 up to the punch, I managed up to the rock step before thepunch, portals missed all the big stuff. Just need to bigger tyres to make it even higher. Serous shaving is planned!!