Boosts on a NATO green 90 - will they look wrong?

=jon=

Silver Boosts on a Tatty NATO Green Defender - Wrong or not?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will they look wrong?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stop being a muppet, who cares when they are covered with mud?

Just browing teabay for new wheels, and there's a fair few set of Boosts for reasonable money. In your honest opinion, are these going to look very out of place on a drab green, tatty looking 90? Are they more suited to the shiny countrified gent's landrover than my old heap, and should I look out for something dark and steel instead?

What do you think? Never seen an older one on boosts, so any opinions / pics / thoughts appreciated :)

Jon,

If you are worried about looks then a military 90 is not for you!!! Boosts will look fine, if you don't like silver then get them powder coated which costs around £42 per corner. However as above I do think a set of HD steel wheels would look better (Wolfs) these often come up on ebay as new take off's for not a lot of money.

Jason.

Well, after a trip to Marlborough last night, it's now sat on a set of 265 75 R16 Dakars, on black modulars. Looks so much better than it did on the tiddly tyres that were on there :)

Even if you like the look, if you have old axles you'll have trouble fitting them.

Hmm - the front axle has the sticky out nut covers (similar to a series). The back axle (which is disk braked) has the rounded drive flanges. Is it likely to be a disco back axle then?