Newbie: Disco 6x6 from Spain

o_teunico

In this situation a mid-axle and front little wheels, like in Bill´s 6x6, will become very handy!

Notice also buggy #38 with lambo-doors!

Gee, and my LandRover club reckon I prepare vicious vehicle damaging trials courses! :wacko:

A company over here many year ago built one or two LandRover based so called 'Monster Trucks' with a 10'' suspension lift and the usual huge tyres.They rotatated the diffs vertically and fitted 90 degree drive 2:1 agricultural slasher gearboxes to the pinion housings. These were quite impractical and virtually unusable vehicles, what with Rover diffs and 10 spline halfshafts, and IMO were built for promotional purposes to advertise the companies engineering incompetance.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your hard earned retirement Mr Ian.

That merc is a little bit more than special, wonder if it will be homologated for Europe?

Nice concept using front radius arms and panhards to achieve the suspension set up but the prop between center and rear axle looked way too flimsy for those tyres and 560lbs of torque!!!

Price tag? If you have to ask then you can't afford it type of thing I suppose :o

In this situation a mid-axle and front little wheels, like in Bill´s 6x6, will become very handy!

Also wheelbase makes quite a difference in that event. The poor old Patrols were just the wrong size for the course.

It would be cool if the portal hubs are eventually specified for the Australian army 6x6's. They appear to be applied to the standarg G wagon axles with a third kingpin added.

Radius arm non load sharing suspension allround don't really appeal to me though, so I think I'll wait a couple of years until they develop the vehicle a bit more before placing my order.

I thought the German Tibus bolt on portal kits for G wagons, LandRovers etc, at around $10,000 Australian for a set of 4 was quite reasonable for what you get. That would be pocket money when added to the price of a new LandCruiser or Nissan Patrol etc.

Like these ones?

http://www.killeraxles.com/instructions_e.html

7500 euro and only in the next county from me but I would never get my car through the MOT with them fitted!!!

They used to offer them in 4'' drop 1.16:1 ratio and 5'' drop 1.6:1 ratio. Unfortunately they no longer offer the latter option, and IMO the 1.16 ratio doesn't do a great deal to relieve the strain on poor old Rover type diffs when running larger tyres.

IIRC the 1.6 drop boxes needed larger than standard LR wheels so were dropped, quite a ratio change as well, can imagine things screaming on the motorway without diff-ratio swap or a higher ratio LT230.

Do you remember 6x6 Roadster Landy?

BellAurens6x6softtop.jpg

IT´S BEEING BUILT!

Well, not in 6x6 form, but as a two axle "off roadster".

100.000€, V8 engine, V16 option (two V8s joined at crankshaft) and also avalible with V12 supercharged RollsRoyce 1500HP WWII airplane engine :o

An article (in spanish) with pics http://www.el4x4.com/spa/item/ART10041.html

208512_135545466617405_893429284_n.jpg

Have a search for Bell Aurens Longnose and will find more info.

• 2 weeks later...