Anyone got a decent camping stove?

Turbocharger

Right, 2 weeks of driving around Yoo-rope starts on Wednesday. You will need:

Ferry tickets

Water

In-car fridge

240v inverter (for hair straighteners of course)

Clothes

Plenty of diesel

MP3-o-matic

Camping stove

Ah. Camping stove. Not a problem, the camping stove's in my flat.

No it isn't.

TroddenMasses' garage?

Nope.

My parent's house?

Mum had a poke around but can't find anything but spiders.

Umm.

My brother has lent me his Tranja, but it's not ideal for 2 weeks of intercontinental motoring. Any ideas on (vv cheap) places to buy some portable flames?

Otherwise, would anyone vaguely in the SW be so kind as to lend me a portable 2-burner camping stove for two weeks? I can collect this weekend and I have beer...

Hi,

I have a Coleman 2 burner stove that runs on unleaded petrol. It's a great stove and we use it all the time. I also have a 2 burner plus grill camping gaz stove. Never been used, was given to us by the in laws. You are welcome to borrow either as we're not planning on any more camping trips for a while. Located in North Bristol, pmail me if interested.

Dale.

I've got a light weight single burner gas stove, takes the screw in gas canisters, that you can borrow if you want, you know where I live. It's a lot lot lot faster than a trangia

I also have another dozen or so assorted gas stoves you are welcome to borrow ;)

The ones of the style that Si pointed out are excellent - Luvvers has cooked me many a breakfast on those! :huh::ph34r:

I'll second that, especially as they have a spark, so no need for lighters etc. also very controllable, I got one for Reading festival, called a Bistro Activ by Camping Gaz. Unfortunately, I left it in South London, so can't lend it to you.

Good luck getting a stove, looks like you have a few offers.

Nick

I'll second that, especially as they have a spark, so no need for lighters etc. also very controllable, I got one for Reading festival, called a Bistro Activ by Camping Gaz. Unfortunately, I left it in South London, so can't lend it to you.

Good luck getting a stove, looks like you have a few offers.

Nick

I agree that the Bistro Activ is the best portable stove all be it a single burner. They normally cost around £25. In fact here are some for sale now at £9.99+post :- http://www.best-buys.co.uk/camping_detail.asp?ProductID=367

It is mainly plastic in construction, with allloy pan legs and auto spark.

I have used one for a couple of years. Quick to boil water/cook with, stable and can be moved whrn finished with. Very easy to clean as well.

The gas canisters can be bought for as little as £1.25, especially now at the end of the season.

A canister should last 3 to 4 days.

John

You're all good people, thanks for the offers and advice. Mum has splashed out on new glasses, so she can now see far enough to clip my brother around the ear. He went out to the shed and dug out my own two-burner (£1 at Brighton tip) so we won't starve.

However, each offer of a loan stove above this post wins a pint, just for being good folks. Offer reclaimable at any of the LR shows I attend this year or next, or at a pub in Bristol if you can spot me. Terms and conditions apply, no correspondence will be entered into.

This forum's great, thanks guys. Anyone want to lend me a set of tyres? ;)

John

Not sure if you are serious but I have a decent set of 7.50 Trac Edges on my Disco which won't be going anywhere in the next 2 weeks. You are welcome to borrow them if you want. Will need a spare set of wheels so it's not asitting on it's discs though :P

Ivan

I was joking - with one tyre being pony-expressed to me from Derbyshire and another from Boatbuoy over the weekend hopefully, I'll have two spares (but incidentally they're TracEdges) so should be fine. The car's pretty well prepared (I hope!), it's just the stuff to go inside that I need now!

You've won a beer for the offer though, but the super-hoppy giveaway is now closed. Thank you to all for your generosity :)