Donnington 4x4 show 2014

http://donington4x4show.co.uk/

Went to this last year as an exhibitor (and in customer mode bought loads of stuff inc lovely MudStuff roof console and and and and ....)

Cracking show, best I have ever been to, under cover so it can be piddling down and its all under cover :)

Feb, so desperate to do something 4x4 related

And damned fine value

Worth a day out IMHO, I'm booked :)

Nige

last year we took the club there, although we were snuffed on stand size by our own uni who stole half of it!

it was a great show all in all and i ended up spending far too much on a shiney TDS which so far has only been used to winch it onto a trailer and then the ramp once or twice.

darn LR drivetrains!!!

p.s. i still need some front halfshafts making before i can take it off road again!

It's a packed show so if you physically want to see lots of exhibitors then you can't go wrong.

I was disappointed in that I would have liked to have seen more club/private cars, they didn't really have any.

I for one would have loved to have shown my vehicle, all if ask is an entry band and I'd have been there the whole time, I'm sure others would have too, Dave said there just wasn't the space which is fair enough but it was just a tad tiresome to have pretty much all super mega tube trucks in various states on build and/or race cars and show cars with very very few privately owned hobbyist vehicles, of which there are LOTS of nice ones to choose from in this country.

Was nice to have the modified comp and a bit more room upstairs for private vehicles at the TOR show.

I also missed the seminars, I think for someone who wants to spend the day there the seminars were a good place to sit with a brew for an hour, but again there didn't seem to be room/allocation for this.

I am perhaps biased because I've pretty much bought everything I need for my vehicle and there's only so many times you can look at the same parts you own or have seen at every show whereas I prefer a show to have lots of vehicles that you can look at to see what people have done; it was more like an auto umbel last year there was SO many traders there, I found it hard to find something interesting to look at/do for the time I spent there.

Hopefully they can find some more room if that is the limiting factor.

I asked Dave last year about showing my vehicle, I think being a disco it would get lots of attention because people see a disco and think "affordable" and therefore would be keen to see what's going on with it of which there is plenty, whereas looking at a 40k half built truck is remarkable to see what the cutting face is building these days, for me it was a bit like "I don't gain anything from seeing this vehicle" whereas I have spent ages perusing private owners vehicles at other shows just looking about to pinch ideas on how people did things, solved problems and also those hooky custom home made mods that you only get to see at shows.

Anyway so that's my thoughts for today :D

No

Not bringing my 90

Some daft customer who called me "he's bonkers raving mental which will take you some time to come to terms with" might be attending our stand with a heap of a Disco J584 NJU :P

Waiting to hear back from the Donnington Organizer re costs for bigger stand............... :P

Nige

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...